GIFT OF TONE #2: MARK DAY

In the early Ultra days of my FAS life I was struggling to get a tone I liked out of that black box, mainly because of my lack of knowledge about signal paths and how to use all these tools we have at hand. I would have sold it if there had not been the stunning videos of Mark Day playing with ease and sounding fantastic while making funny faces...I knew my tones had to be in that box! So I kept learning and learning, and today I could not be happier with my tones and how easy it is nowadays to get them.
A huge thanks to Mark for keeping me on track and learning all this amazing stuff :hearteyes:

I used to watch Mark in the early days of internet video and livestreams when he was up in Canada prior to him coming to the US. We take it for granted now, but it was awesome to watch someone perform and talk guitar and gear over the web.

The Down/Under and Up/Over Brothers.
Can we mix in a bit of Strange Brew flavor please. Gotta include the Canadian feel. A brewery castle, flying dog and a quest to find the highest gain setting that melts the villain's compound. edit: there'd be the main villain's henchmen who are all corksniffin tube-chasers. (spoiler alert: they're eventually won over by the ultimate high gain preset) If y'all don't know Strange Brew....do yourself a favor and watch it. Also a cameo by Crocodile Dundee would be great. "You call that gain? this is gain"

Last edited:
Mark is absolutely a legend and one of the kindest people I hope to one day meet in person!
Thanks for the gift of tone Mark!

I’m another of the long term gang, who reached out to our friend in Canada (before he headed to LA) and Mark was kind enough to answer all the question I had about his gear and his recording processes, as well as our chat about our kids. Later his vids with his Ultra solely lead to my purchasing an Ultra. I’ve since purchased an additional five units, latest being my current Axe-FX III Mark II (so far)! Mark is absolutely what I would want as a brand ambassador! Thanks for all you do @Mark Day , and appreciate your great sounding preset!

Cheers,
Lee

Few days ago there was a thread about delay and reverb parallel or in serial.
Most of my user presets are created in serial but these new MD gift presets are in parallel. The sound is fantastic in parallel but offcorse I had to know how it would sound in serial.
Also my MK1 hits the 80% so I deleted some joints to save some processing powerrr.
Well, it changed the preset output pretty drastically and I didnt know how to fix it.

Conclusion: I dont know $*%T about preset building and should just use what the gifted have shared.

Cheers 🍻

Back
Top Bottom