Gift of Tone #19 - AEROSMITH'S TOM HAMILTON & BRAD WHITFORD

Brad's preset is tasty! You can do so much to shape the tone using the volume and tone knobs. Very nice. Thanks!

@Admin M@
Question regarding Tom Hamilton preset for FM3.
The Rate knob of the LFO2 is modified by LFO1:
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-21 a les 10.35.37.png
But LFO2 is not assigned to any parameter.
Is it correct?
Thx.

My wish list remaining is…
Neal Schon
Petrucci
Metallica
Tosin Wish Granted!
Govin Wish Granted!
Lifeson

What an awesome idea this was. Thanks again .. & Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
I’d add Nickleback to that list, not because I am a fan but their tones can be tasty at times.

I have to also 💯 agree with what a few have already said here about getting insight into how Pros set up their presets and/or dial their tones. Even on the ones where the tone or preset just isn’t for me, I have at the very least learned something useful.

I haven’t been this excited to check a thread daily since Yek’s amp and Drive series.

The descriptions on the Gift of Tone page of the scenes in Tom's preset don't seem correct.

The custom IR is present in all 8 scenes.
Scenes 1-4 go through the custom IR.
Scenes 5-8 go through the custom IR and the Totally Flat factory IR.

There's also a bug. The Cab changes to channel B in those last four scenes, but it doesn't point to the user cab slot that the user has selected during the import process of the bundle.

The descriptions on the Gift of Tone page of the scenes in Tom's preset don't seem correct.

There's also a bug. The Cab changes to channel B in those last four scenes, but it doesn't point to the user cab slot that the user has selected during the import process of the bundle.

The preset worked correctly for me. I'm not seeing these errors.

Last edited:

Seems to be ok here.
1671643734404.png

The preset worked correctly for me. I'm not seeing these errors.

Import the bundle. For the cab choose another slot as the defect one.
Channel A of the Cab block now points the selected slot.
Channel B of the Cab block however sticks to user cab slot 59.

Ah, well I have "secret weapon 2" in user cab slot 59, so maybe that's why it's fine for me. It did seem a little odd when I imported the preset because it seemed to default to user 59. I assumed it was an empty slot, but maybe it wasn't. I wonder if something got overwritten.

this one is glorious straight out of the gate for me. I'm not diminishing the work and kindness of the others but presets are always rig dependent, guitars, pickups and such. this was plug and play.

Back
Top Bottom