Gift of Tone #19 - AEROSMITH'S TOM HAMILTON & BRAD WHITFORD

WOW!! Never could have imagined a Fractal Christmas like this! Thank you so much FAS.
it's already known beyond the FAS world. Talked to a colleague today who's using a QC and even he knew what's happening in our world. Looks like it's going to be copied by other companies in the future.

This is Awesome thank you Fractal!!
Question on the Ruby Amp that is run consecutively

" In that rig, the “main” amp changes between songs sections, while a “Ruby” amp tone is run simultaneously using a second amp block, cab block, and output. (The Ruby settings are included here as Scene 6 instead.)"

Do we create a 2nd Amp and cab and copy the channels out from scene 6 to get the same effect? Or have got this all screwed up lol

This is Awesome thank you Fractal!!
Question on the Ruby Amp that is run consecutively

" In that rig, the “main” amp changes between songs sections, while a “Ruby” amp tone is run simultaneously using a second amp block, cab block, and output. (The Ruby settings are included here as Scene 6 instead.)"

Do we create a 2nd Amp and cab and copy the channels out from scene 6 to get the same effect? Or have got this all screwed up lol
Yes, you could do exactly that. The Ruby has zero effects. It's an extra to be used if FOH needs an added juice. I think they called it a "thickener".

Getting great sounding tones from this one with my SG. All these GOT presets are giving me something usable/enjoyable even though I don't have the skillset (or guitars in some cases) to sound a lot like the artists.

This one is special for me as Aerosmith was one of the first bands I got seriously into listening to on vinyl in the mid 70s, along with Kiss, Rush, and BTO. Started with the Rocks album and was hooked, going out soon after to pick up Toys and Get Yur Wings - still my top 3 goto Aerosmith records. Never dreamed I'd pick up guitar 30+ years later, and 15 years after that, have some heros of my rocked out teen years send me a preset to help me strum along with Sweet Emotion in my 60s - Awesome! Thankyou Fractal for these gifts.

Aerosmith is a big one, who knows what tomorrow might bring! - given the date n all, could be interesting -> 21st Dec -> 21 12

I'm getting paranoid that presets aren't importing correctly on my III. Is Brads' hicut in the cab preamp tab set at 3713 Hz?

Just keeps on getting better. GoT is really taking care of the bass preset shortage. Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton are living rock legends. Thanks to all for this one!!💫

What AS song would you use the Ruby on? That was the only scene that surprised me. I loved everything else but the Ruby was so different than the other scenes.

Back
Top Bottom