Gift of Tone #16: STEVE VAI

That comment feels like an early Christmas gift to me. Thanks @Admin M@, you just made my day.

In the spirit of the whole 'Gift of Tone' promotion. I am giving away these Presets in this thread, for a limited time, for the forum members. These will not include the free updates for life. That is a privilege for my loyal customers only.

Inside the zipped folders are 'Description' PDFs with important info on the included IR user cab slot locations, Controllers, Scenes, etc...

Happy Holidays to everyone, Moke
Thanks Moke!

These blocks are dialed in really, really sweet, especially the flanger and the chorus light. Other people’s presets sometimes translate a bit “weird” to your own setup, but individual blocks on the other hand….

And in this case it kinda feels like I played the slot machines and all the fruit lined up……..

That comment feels like an early Christmas gift to me. Thanks @Admin M@, you just made my day.

In the spirit of the whole 'Gift of Tone' promotion. I am giving away these Presets in this thread, for a limited time, for the forum members. These will not include the free updates for life. That is a privilege for my loyal customers only.

Inside the zipped folders are 'Description' PDFs with important info on the included IR user cab slot locations, Controllers, Scenes, etc...

wow Moke than you so much for your generous gifts this season , this is above and beyond , very very nice of you to do

Anyone else getting a Checksum Error with Steves blocks when starting EDit FM9? I am on FW4.0. Is there another one I missed?
Thanks-BTW-they work and show up fine-that's not the issue.

LOG FILE C:\Users\Frankl\Documents\Fractal Audio\FM9-Edit\blocks\Steve Vai Gift Tone\__MACOSX\Gift of Tone - Steve Vai\._Vai Chorus Light.blk: Not a valid block file (bad checksum)

They all say this in the log file. I have no doubt it's ME. I just copied the folder as in Matts video? Using newest Edit 10105

Anyone else getting a Checksum Error with Steves blocks when starting EDit FM9? I am on FW4.0. Is there another one I missed?
Thanks-BTW-they work and show up fine-that's not the issue.

LOG FILE C:\Users\Frankl\Documents\Fractal Audio\FM9-Edit\blocks\Steve Vai Gift Tone\__MACOSX\Gift of Tone - Steve Vai\._Vai Chorus Light.blk: Not a valid block file (bad checksum)
Deleting the _MACOSX folder should correct it. The actual block files should be in a separate folder ("Gift of Tone - Steve Vai") in the same folder as that one.

Deleting the _MACOSX folder should correct it. The actual block files should be in a separate folder ("Gift of Tone - Steve Vai") in the same folder as that one.
That did it. Thanks very much Bakerman! edit: Duh! I should have known that, oh well.....

Last edited:
This G.O.T. series is wonderful! And as a fanboy of Moke's presets it is truly generous of Moke to share his Vai presets with our community. A HUGE thank you to all the artists and to Fractal. My Christmas wish came true...

Happy holiday's right back at ya... thank you so much for this preset... awesome present!

Cheers to you Moke 🍻

Last edited:
This morning I fired up my rig, loaded Steve Vai's preset, plugged in Steve Vai's signature guitar and proceeded to feel like a 15 year old kid whos guitar hero had made his dreams come true.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom