Gift of Tone #11: FREMEN

Great stuff. The BE preset is outstanding. I did make one small tweak and added a channel to Amp 1 with brighter settings for the 'Rhythm' scene.

Thank you.

Last edited:
It seems the bundle has an un-named IR that will not let me click on it to assign a space... AXEIII Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 8.57.33 AM.png

This other one has many unusable ir's.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 9.00.43 AM.png

@fremen

Is the Enhancer supposed to go between amp and cab in the Dumble preset?

The acoustic scene in the BE preset points to an user cab slot which isn't filled up by the preset.

Not near my fractal unit and am on a tablet, anyone care to explain what the presets are or consist of? Thanks Fremen and fractal!

Hi guys, it goes to 11 ;)

@fremen

Is the Enhancer supposed to go between amp and cab in the Dumble preset?

The acoustic scene in the BE preset points to an user cab slot which isn't filled up by the preset.
Yes, I like to put the enhancer in unusual spots :
  • Before two amps in parallel, with one amp using input Left and the other input right
  • before two different IRs, with the cab block input set to stereo
I found that this way, the stereo spread is bigger

Regarding the user IR for the acoustic scene :

BE bundle.jpg
"AcSim Fender quack" means that this IR is made for the "quack" position of a Strat/Superstrat type guitar - between bridge and middle. I use it with a HSS guitar. That scene can also be used with the neck single coil.

No video for now because I'm currently sick with flu. Didn't play guitar for almost two weeks now (that stuff is nastier than covid, which I got a few months ago)
Great stuff. The BE preset is outstanding. I did make one small tweak and added a channel to Amp 1 with brighter settings for the 'Rhythm' scene.

Thank you.
Welcome ! Now, there's something that I will explain in the video I've yet to record, but you can try it right now : check the last band of the Parametric EQ1, which is after the cab. Adjusth the gain of that frequency. It's currently at 0, try values between -2 and +2. I use it as a "one knob brightener/darkener", and it works great for that !

Back
Top Bottom