Gift of Tone #10: COOPER CARTER

Great vid as usual though I must admit, I spent a lot of time staring at those Genelecs.

200.gif

No joy :confused: Can't get this preset to work on FM9T. Occasionally the first scene will have sound. Have deleted preset and reinstalled several times and nothing. All other Gift of Tone presets, including today's #11, work...just not this one. Any thoughts from the FM9 crowd? Is there anything I can manipulate to kick it in?

No joy :confused: Can't get this preset to work on FM9T. Occasionally the first scene will have sound. Have deleted preset and reinstalled several times and nothing. All other Gift of Tone presets, including today's #11, work...just not this one. Any thoughts from the FM9 crowd? Is there anything I can manipulate to kick it in?
Make sure the 'Scale 1' in the modifier for the volume block is set to 100%

Did you go to the Meters page to see where the signal is dropping out? Even if you plan on using a volume pedal, go ahead and bypass the volume block at least temporarily; that'll at least tell you if that's where the problem originates.

I had no sound at first. Maybe a bug in the Vol block, but switching directly from External 1 to Pedal 1 as the source in the Vol modifier didn't work. I had to go to None, then Pedal 1 and for whatever reason that worked - or just bypass the Vol block at least to test. And yes, the preset sounds awesome - loud as F (in a good way) so I had to dial it back a bit for home use.

Thanks, Cooper, and thanks Fractal for this series! Each preset is like a textbook!

Did you go to the Meters page to see where the signal is dropping out? Even if you plan on using a volume pedal, go ahead and bypass the volume block at least temporarily; that'll at least tell you if that's where the problem originates.
And this is how I figured it all out...

Howdy everyone: Today I reset the FM9T (fresh start) added in an Expression Pedal (EV-2) and downloaded Gift of Tone #10. Scene 1 plays (as it always has) Scene 2 and onward and still silent. Still trying to figure to solution. I was able to get sound by bypassing the VOL block btw. Thanks for suggestions!

Howdy everyone: Today I reset the FM9T (fresh start) added in an Expression Pedal (EV-2) and downloaded Gift of Tone #10. Scene 1 plays (as it always has) Scene 2 and onward and still silent. Still trying to figure to solution. I was able to get sound by bypassing the VOL block btw. Thanks for suggestions!
change the vol pedal wich is on extern 1 to yours then you'll hear the sound . it's made like this to fade in with your solo in scene 3.

So I had a shocking revelation. Scene 5 was supposed to be “EJ Clean Intro” but I was greeted with searing lead nastiness. I think I had CS2 configured to route my Fuzz Factory in front of the unit. So yeah, that’s an unexpected really good tone! But I was very shocked when it wasn’t clean!

So I had a shocking revelation. Scene 5 was supposed to be “EJ Clean Intro” but I was greeted with searing lead nastiness. I think I had CS2 configured to route my Fuzz Factory in front of the unit. So yeah, that’s an unexpected really good tone! But I was very shocked when it wasn’t clean!
If I remember correctly the video CC made for the preset said the “clean intro” is actually a high gain sound and meant to be more like the actual amount of gain EJ used on the ACL show in which CC was using as his source sound. The next scene (which has more gain) was to make it a little bit easier to do all the bombastic playing of the intro. Anyway, something like how he explains it in the video.

If I remember correctly the video CC made for the preset said the “clean intro” is actually a high gain sound and meant to be more like the actual amount of gain EJ used on the ACL show in which CC was using as his source sound. The next scene (which has more gain) was to make it a little bit easier to do all the bombastic playing of the intro. Anyway, something like how he explains it in the video.
Nope, Clean Intro should be very clean.
The gainy scene is #6.

Beautiful preset - I Really love it!!! SOUNDS AMAZING. Initially, I had that problem of no sound with the other scenes in the CC's sound on sound Preset. Switching the source from external 1 to pedal 1 on the edit modifier window on the vol/pan block on my FM9 fixed the problem. I also noticed that the 4.0 beta is now just version 4, and I just installed it, and everything works perfectly. Thank you, Cooper Carter, and thank you, Fractal, for all these glorius days of Tone. Such a great, great gift!!! THANK YOU.

Back
Top Bottom