Gift of Tone #10: COOPER CARTER

The Axe III preset was the only one with a problem.
I've also bypassed the volume block in these new versions because it was confusing some people.
Hey Cooper, so for the FM3 the only change was to bypass the volume block? If so, I won't update as I'd already done that. Thanks!

Same here. Initially no sound at all from FM9 on just this preset. Deleted and re-downloaded preset to see if updated preset translated to FM9. Installed and have sound on only scene 1, nothing out our all others.

Does this only work with a expression pedal installed? Haven't gotten around to installing expression pedal. Hope someone has some suggestions as this IS the preset I've been hoping for.

Same here. Initially no sound at all from FM9 on just this preset. Deleted and re-downloaded preset to see if updated preset translated to FM9. Installed and have sound on only scene 1, nothing out our all others.

Does this only work with a expression pedal installed? Haven't gotten around to installing expression pedal. Hope someone has some suggestions as this IS the preset I've been hoping for.

You don't need an expression pedal for this to work -- just a way to change scenes, so if you're on the FM9T, just use the SCENES layout. The volume pedal is a bonus if you want to use it for swells, etc.

1670685906925.png
Can't Import a few of the preset bundles because they show up with blank IR's. I'm using Preset Import from the AxeEdit menu.

Edit: Fixed by closing and reopening Axe Edit. Thanks rhummellh!!

Last edited:
Not at the moment. I did figure out how to assign / activate the expression pedal,
I'm an old school pedal steel guitar player, so I use an external volume pedal before my FM9T

Just a follow up to my previous post, @Duncan
Yes the expression pedal works on Cooper's preset.
In fact, you need to use it, because it does a nice fade out of the "lead line" while maintaining the ambient drone.

In another patch, Moke's ( that has the whammy effect) it wont work unless the expression pedal is connected.
Again, I'm an older player getting used to Fractal and FM9 edit... which is really easy to use.
Thanks again to Fractal and to those artists who have gifted us these presets.

Back
Top Bottom