Gibson LP Special, etc with wrap around bridge?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Specifically any with dual P-90's is what I have been looking at.

My ignorance-Can you set\adjust the intonation on these bridges? Hard to tell in picts if the the bridge is all one piece or actually 6 saddles>
Yes I am a dumb ole Fender guy.................Here is an example pict:
1650676162850.png

ca96z0mzelvm8v0z6yae.jpg

Specifically any with dual P-90's is what I have been looking at.

My ignorance-Can you set\adjust the intonation on these bridges? Hard to tell in picts if the the bridge is all one piece or actually 6 saddles>
Yes I am a dumb ole Fender guy.................Here is an example pict:
View attachment 100574

it's just an approximation, and the whole thing can go backward or forwards to fine tune. They dont move. it's rock n roll :). Some guys get the replacement bridge that has the movable saddles.

Tried to find those with a bridge and stop tailpiece. Found a few but prices were, well, like everything else, crazy!

Funny thing is a buddy and I have been checking them out for a few months. I have seen them used on
Reverb.com for $800-$900. Have too be quick, though. :)

Funny thing is a buddy and I have been checking them out for a few months. I have seen them used on
Reverb.com for $800-$900. Have too be quick, though. :)
That's exactly where I have been looking. I only see the wraparound bridge type. Will keep looking!

Wrap tail pieces are great. Ask Paul Reed himself as it is the one he chooses for his signature Paul's Guitar. If you use gauges higher than 10's then you can get a tonepro's version that locks in and works well. I have never had a tuning problem with any wrap tailpiece.

I prefer 2 piece. It definitely is NOT just for looks-
My 2-piece bridges have the same amount of adjustable space or less as my adjustable saddle wraptail. They're all comfortable to play.

It's not just for looks but it's also not inherently the better bridge.

I prefer 2 piece. It definitely is NOT just for looks-

2 piece does look better though I think. I was skeptical of the wrap tails until I bought a guitar with one. I prefer 2 piece myself with saddles, but my PRS wrap has perfect intonation.

2 piece does look better though I think. I was skeptical of the wrap tails until I bought a guitar with one. I prefer 2 piece myself with saddles, but my PRS wrap has perfect intonation.
I get it. It's all good. I just prefer the flexibility of individual saddle adjustment , as my User name implies, like Strats and teles. I can and DO fine tune the the playability of my guitars to suit me-period. I don't see that happening with wraparound bridges. Not the ones on the cheap gibsons I was discussing here. etc.

I have a Special TV Yellow and the intonation is excellent, never had to touch it. You can only adjust ir “globally”.

Back
Top Bottom