Gibson Gurus- I need help

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
How can I tell if my bass bridege is 2 point or 3 point.

Google has not been my friend in trying to sort out what I have on my 1973 Triumph LP Bass.

Mine has the nylon saddles, so I'm thinking it might be the 2-point, but I'm not sure.

The intonation screws are rusted from the previous owner, so I am exploring options of replacing screws versus a drop in replacement bridge, but I need to know what I have in order not to get the wrong stuff.

I think if it's the bridge that's raised off the body a bit (I think the old EB basses mostly had them, too) that's the three point. The one that sits on the body like most modern bass bridges is the two point. I could be wrong though.

Yea, three point mounts to the body at (are you ready?) three points. Two in the rear and one in the front. The two point looks like a TOM.

What you have on that bass assuming it's stock is neither. Thats some kooky Norlin era bridge that you'll never find and OEM replacement for. Pull the crap screws, go to the hardware store, and buy suitable replacements. Thats really about your only option.

Back
Top Bottom