Gibson buying Mesa?

Acquisition ...yet partnership ...

Randall still oversees

Yeah, every acquiring company ever says some variation of this to soften the blow, and then within two years they're doing whatever they want to do. Randy is 75. I doubt he'd be making this move if he wasn't ready to turn over the reins.

I just hope this doesn’t mean the M/B brand is going to crash and burn in the future.
If what happened to Tobias Basses happens to Mesa, they will eventually crash & burn. At first it was good, influx of money, moved them to a bigger, better location in Burbank but eventually, they moved the production to Nashville & they totally destroyed the brand.

I was about to sell my Mark III but now I may hold on to it for a little while longer. I just hope they don't come out with the Mark or Recto versions of the FIrebird X ;) Boogie Mark X... Mesa Dual Rectifier Dark Tiger...

Reactions: ESW
I can see the "New MESA/Boogie Mark IIC+ 40th anniversary limited reissue, now in a rare brazilian wood cabinet, ultra-rare NOS tubes from a recently discovered abandoned facility in Russia, vintage style knobs with mother-of-pearl markers and the new Cab-clone XS built-in. All for just $200,000. Why toy with modeling wannabes when you can just PLAY AUTHENTIC?"

Seriously tho, hope they still mantain their quality control, and let's see how it develops in terms of the pricing outside USA. Basically, buying MESA outside the US is an absolute nightmare for the wallet.

Back
Top Bottom