Gibson buying Mesa?

look how far Gibson amps went. Bye bye Mesa
Anyone remember Opcode Systems and Studio Vision? So far ahead of its time, seriously great, bought and abandoned, all employees let go. There are others I don't remember off the top of my head, corpses by the wayside.

Maybe Randy just wants to Get Paid and go home. He's earned it I guess, but this could more than kinda suck as the endgame for an absolutely iconic innovator and superb craftsman. Hope not.

I had a pre-Mark-anything combo with a JBL 15, so old it had labelmaker labels on the back. Changed my life. Later ones were more full-featured and practical, but that thing was flat out inspirational, bred in its bones.

That would be the worse thing since the Mark IIB. Seriously, I hope this is a hoax!

That would be good I hope. I've really enjoyed the Mk IIB I played. Hopefully the changing of the guard will also end streak of companies that meet their demise @ Gibson. I'm not sure purchasing an amp company is the smartest decision to make in the "digital age."

If true, this could be unfortunate. At least we all have a good amount of Mesa amps in our Axe-Fx's. And quality control is quite good.

If true it would be bizarre that a company that was almost bankrupt a couple of years ago can now afford to buy another again. Gibson would have to have the best management in the world for that.

Anyone remember Opcode Systems and Studio Vision? So far ahead of its time, seriously great, bought and abandoned, all employees let go. There are others I don't remember off the top of my head, corpses by the wayside.

Maybe Randy just wants to Get Paid and go home. He's earned it I guess, but this could more than kinda suck as the endgame for an absolutely iconic innovator and superb craftsman. Hope not.

I had a pre-Mark-anything combo with a JBL 15, so old it had labelmaker labels on the back. Changed my life. Later ones were more full-featured and practical, but that thing was flat out inspirational, bred in its bones.
I thought I was the only one old enough to remember Opcode....many of us of a certain age cut our DAW (sorta) teeth on that app......quite bizarre when it just..went away.....

They did a great job with Trace Elliot - great job as in if Trace Elliot were a person that needed to go in to the Witness Protection Program and never be seen again. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom