Gibson Burstbucker Pro Vs Suhr Aldrich pickup comparrison

Great video!
Short and sweet demos going back and forth between the two sets of pickups, with consistent playing and also kept in a consistent order. A big plus in my book.
As for the pickups, I leaned towards the Burstbucker's myself. More of that Tele on steroids sound. (But the two set's are so close to begin with) The Aldrich set do sound great also! I could be happy with either set

I put the Aldrich PUs in my custom built super strat after watching Mark Day´s great videos and for me they are perfect...I think Mark moved on in the meantime

Both sound great, but my vote goes to the burstbuckers- more clarity. I think they allow the tonal characteristics of the Les Paul to shine better. Especially the “quack” of the middle pickup position, one of the hallmark Les Paul sounds. The Aldrich pickups are warmer, much like the 58-15s on my PRS Custom 24. But for the Les Paul, the Burstbuckers are a perfect match.

Very nice! :) ...I dropped a pair of Burstbuckers into an EC1000 ..turned it into a completely different machine. I really like the dynamics of that particular pickup.

Great video!
Short and sweet demos going back and forth between the two sets of pickups, with consistent playing and also kept in a consistent order. A big plus in my book.
As for the pickups, I leaned towards the Burstbucker's myself. More of that Tele on steroids sound. (But the two set's are so close to begin with) The Aldrich set do sound great also! I could be happy with either set
Thanks mate, i just wanted to do a simple comparison, and thats the best way i think.
I'm not too sure which i prefer yet as the Suhr's are new but going to have a play and decide.
Cheers

I put the Aldrich PUs in my custom built super strat after watching Mark Day´s great videos and for me they are perfect...I think Mark moved on in the meantime
I also found these because of Mark Day, they are great and yes i think Mark is using Duncan Distortions now in his Les Pauls.

Both sound great, but my vote goes to the burstbuckers- more clarity. I think they allow the tonal characteristics of the Les Paul to shine better. Especially the “quack” of the middle pickup position, one of the hallmark Les Paul sounds. The Aldrich pickups are warmer, much like the 58-15s on my PRS Custom 24. But for the Les Paul, the Burstbuckers are a perfect match.
I agree the Aldrich pups are definitely warmer and they do sing more than the Burstbuckers but the Burstbuckers are better in other ways, i'm going to give these a good try and see what i prefer.

Back
Top Bottom