Gibson Burstbucker Pro Vs Suhr Aldrich pickup comparison

I just checked on Thomann what a Suhr Aldrich pickup costs, €129 for a single pickup. I think you got robbed because I can't hear a single bit of difference between the two sets in clean and a slight difference when overdriven. In favor of the Burstbuckers. 😄

But hey, I don't have the Golden Ears of the Gods, your mileage may vary.

Yeah I vote for the Burstbuckers as well.. :) Aldrich seem a bit thicker or muddier in the low mids?

Nice comparison. Aldrich's sound more scooped than the BurstBuckers. I would imagine they would get lost in the mix more so than the BB's. Based on this comparison, I'd pick BB Pro's.

If you're on a ToneQuest for your LP, be sure to check out some Bare Knuckle Mules. I have an '08 LP Traditional. I tried several different pickup sets including the BB Pros. My ToneQuest abruptly ended with the Mules. They have a certain harmonic richness and evenness that resonated nicely with the guitar.

Nice comparison. Aldrich's sound more scooped than the BurstBuckers. I would imagine they would get lost in the mix more so than the BB's. Based on this comparison, I'd pick BB Pro's.

If you're on a ToneQuest for your LP, be sure to check out some Bare Knuckle Mules. I have an '08 LP Traditional. I tried several different pickup sets including the BB Pros. My ToneQuest abruptly ended with the Mules. They have a certain harmonic richness and evenness that resonated nicely with the guitar.
I second this claim. The Mules made my LP sound like I thought a LP was supposed to sound like

Back
Top Bottom