• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Gibson Burstbucker Pro Vs Suhr Aldrich pickup comparison

Muad'zin

Fractal Fanatic
I just checked on Thomann what a Suhr Aldrich pickup costs, €129 for a single pickup. I think you got robbed because I can't hear a single bit of difference between the two sets in clean and a slight difference when overdriven. In favor of the Burstbuckers. 😄

But hey, I don't have the Golden Ears of the Gods, your mileage may vary.

sskkmm

Power User
Yeah I vote for the Burstbuckers as well.. :) Aldrich seem a bit thicker or muddier in the low mids?

Rich G.

Experienced
Nice comparison. Aldrich's sound more scooped than the BurstBuckers. I would imagine they would get lost in the mix more so than the BB's. Based on this comparison, I'd pick BB Pro's.

If you're on a ToneQuest for your LP, be sure to check out some Bare Knuckle Mules. I have an '08 LP Traditional. I tried several different pickup sets including the BB Pros. My ToneQuest abruptly ended with the Mules. They have a certain harmonic richness and evenness that resonated nicely with the guitar.

Dunconia

Inspired
Nice comparison. Aldrich's sound more scooped than the BurstBuckers. I would imagine they would get lost in the mix more so than the BB's. Based on this comparison, I'd pick BB Pro's.

If you're on a ToneQuest for your LP, be sure to check out some Bare Knuckle Mules. I have an '08 LP Traditional. I tried several different pickup sets including the BB Pros. My ToneQuest abruptly ended with the Mules. They have a certain harmonic richness and evenness that resonated nicely with the guitar.
I second this claim. The Mules made my LP sound like I thought a LP was supposed to sound like

Top Bottom