Ghost!

To me, they're a refreshing break from the chugga chugga stuff that's all the rage. I like some of that stuff as well, but I prefer strong melody over not so in-your-face music. I think they're great at what they do, sure it's gimmicky, but their whole idea is to present you with a chance to be be someone you might not otherwise be at a different concert. As far as it being metal, I don't think so, but it's super heavy without being heavy. By the way, the opening band Ides of Gemini...not a fan of them at all. Hot drummer though.

I love pictures of them at outdoor festivals. Seeing them in the light of day makes it all look a bit silly. It's probably a cooler schtick in a nice dark room with cool lighting and all that.

To me, they're a refreshing break from the chugga chugga stuff that's all the rage. I like some of that stuff as well, but I prefer strong melody over not so in-your-face music. I think they're great at what they do, sure it's gimmicky, but their whole idea is to present you with a chance to be be someone you might not otherwise be at a different concert. As far as it being metal, I don't think so, but it's super heavy without being heavy. By the way, the opening band Ides of Gemini...not a fan of them at all. Hot drummer though.

the saturation of guys playing the first few frets on an 8 string guitar has left a massive hole for bands with good riffs and songwriting to fill the void.

lol they look so ridiculous in broad day light. If I was them i'd refuse day gigs.

Saw them in Bristol about a month ago with gojira, and they were pretty heavily jeered. My favourite song is this one, sucker for the beat. I reckon they're all 15 year old dwarfs. I had no idea they were using axe fx that night.

Ghost - Year zero - HD - w/lyrics - YouTube

Last edited:
Just to resurrect this thread, if you haven't listened to the new album "Meliora" you are missing out. Just saw these guys in Atlanta last friday and the guitars and bass were Axe Fx and OMG the tones were amazing!!

Saw them in Washington DC (Silver Spring, MD actually) at the Fillmore and the crowd was absolutely insane that night. It was the first stop on this tour and also the same day the Pope came into DC. Papa Emeritus brought it up a few times and it really added to the excitement of the show. Their live sound was absolutely killer.

LOVE this band, saw them in Boston, if that was all AXEFX the live guitar sounds were incredible. The bass tone was massive as well and the whole mix was amazing. I can see why people would not dig them, it is a unique thing (which is why I like it). Live they are amazing and I would say see a show before passing judgement, no doubt it is fucking weird, but for me one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. For $25 just go hear the axe in action, they have it dialed in perfectly.

I'm curious to know if the new album is all axe fx? Wouldn't doubt it, the guitar and bass sound amazing. Loving that tone of the intro to "majesty".

Worst thing is when these type of bands still use their stage FX like fog in the middle of the afternoon. Looks like some dead dudes having a cookout LOL

Hey Cliff, if at all possible post up the amp and IR they are using and any tweaks that they had that were unique. The live tones were stellar, I kinda thought they used the axe but wasn't sure until now, but I will tell you the live tones were amazing. It was not all that distorted, very clear, warm and punchy/crunchy and the tones sat perfectly in the mix. Wonder if they were going FRFR as well. thanks !! Jim

Hey Cliff, if at all possible post up the amp and IR they are using and any tweaks that they had that were unique. The live tones were stellar, I kinda thought they used the axe but wasn't sure until now, but I will tell you the live tones were amazing. It was not all that distorted, very clear, warm and punchy/crunchy and the tones sat perfectly in the mix. Wonder if they were going FRFR as well. thanks !! Jim

I would think this is up to the band, not Cliff.

I mean just because Cliff designed the thing doesn't mean he has the right to go and post any artist presets he wants.

In fact, I would think quite a few artist could be pretty missed if they worked with M/Fractal on patches for their tones, and then someone from Fractal went and publicly shared them without permission. Some artist are cool and happily share though so maybe they will....

Yes if you could post all the patches and Identities that would be great and id like steak every day for the rest of my life and
send Debra Jo Fondren to feed me the steak id like my heineken beer at 40 degrees as well..

I want Debra Jo to bathe me after that Cliff could you see to that ?
Amen

Back
Top Bottom