Ghost!

I wasn't asking for the preset just the amp/ Ir combo, lots of fractal artists share this info all the time, that is what makes the forum great, and I also said if possible. They sounded great so I was looking for info on the amp model. Far cry from asking for their presets.
I would think this is up to the band, not Cliff.

I mean just because Cliff designed the thing doesn't mean he has the right to go and post any artist presets he wants.

In fact, I would think quite a few artist could be pretty missed if they worked with M/Fractal on patches for their tones, and then someone from Fractal went and publicly shared them without permission. Some artist are cool and happily share though so maybe they will....

What makes this forum great is the exchange of info, not post like this.
Yes if you could post all the patches and Identities that would be great and id like steak every day for the rest of my life and
send Debra Jo Fondren to feed me the steak id like my heineken beer at 40 degrees as well..

I want Debra Jo to bathe me after that Cliff could you see to that ?
Amen

Lighten up Francis I was just kidding.. If you listen real hard the singers identity should be clear.
I think the sound is great and the illuminati reference pointing directly to the Jesuits and phony pope
is relevant to today. Spot on and ahead of the curve..

Going to see them tomorrow night here in San Antonio! I got into the band mainly due to the Mercyful Fate vibe in their music as I am a HUGE Mercyful Fate/King Diamond fan. Granted they aren't as heavy as those bands but I really dig the music, vintage sounding but with an eerie/occult vibe. It's also funny to play them with people around who aren't into heavy music at all. They start digging the music and don't realize the lyrics are praising satan, always good for a laugh!

Thanks to my Apple music letting me stream anything I wouldn't normally purchase, I gave Meliora a listen. It's chock full of great rock tones and really cool riffs. Nothing too heavy, just classic sounding rock guitars. Very musical, but it's almost comically Halloween sounding in the melody arrangements.

It reminds me of the movie 'Nightmare Before Christmas' where Jack Skellington is trying to teach the band how to play standard Christmas carols but they all come out minor key and scary sounding because it's all they know.

Musically, it sounds like a group of skilled musicians writing and playing to a formula that supports the show gimmickry. It doesn't sound entirely genuine. Like they could easily take their costumes off and be a different band. Maybe they're really the guys from Rascal Flatts, or Matchbox 20 and this Ghost thing is just for hoots :)

Thanks to my Apple music letting me stream anything I wouldn't normally purchase, I gave Meliora a listen. It's chock full of great rock tones and really cool riffs. Nothing too heavy, just classic sounding rock guitars. Very musical, but it's almost comically Halloween sounding in the melody arrangements.

It reminds me of the movie 'Nightmare Before Christmas' where Jack Skellington is trying to teach the band how to play standard Christmas carols but they all come out minor key and scary sounding because it's all they know.

Musically, it sounds like a group of skilled musicians writing and playing to a formula that supports the show gimmickry. It doesn't sound entirely genuine. Like they could easily take their costumes off and be a different band. Maybe they're really the guys from Rascal Flatts, or Matchbox 20 and this Ghost thing is just for hoots :)

Check out Subvision, Repugnant and Magna Carta Cartel. Bands the members were in.

This band is growing on me. Specifically their approach to remaining anonymous through theatrics and because their songwriting is great, even if it doesn't always hit home for me.

Have you guys seen this video yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315qJJ3Y9uA

4:23 - Cirice is incredible. The tones for both guitars and bass are crazy good! And I believe it's all Axe-FX.

I think both guitars are mahogany (as is mine) and Ghost tend to use Orange/Fender/Marshall in the studio..
The first guitar is more attacky and the second is warmer and rounder. Both slay.. great intro!!

Who wants to try and recreate these tones? :D

Religious Iconography? 70's Classic Rock Tones™? What's not to like?

(disclaimer: I have Babymetal on rotation at the moment. I'm clearly going through an 'ironic' phase)

This band is growing on me. Specifically their approach to remaining anonymous through theatrics and because their songwriting is great, even if it doesn't always hit home for me.

Have you guys seen this video yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315qJJ3Y9uA

4:23 - Cirice is incredible. The tones for both guitars and bass are crazy good! And I believe it's all Axe-FX.

I think both guitars are mahogany (as is mine) and Ghost tend to use Orange/Fender/Marshall in the studio..
The first guitar is more attacky and the second is warmer and rounder. Both slay.. great intro!!

Who wants to try and recreate these tones? :D

I like that the guitars have a less-modern thing happening, tone-wise. It's a modern approach to playing, but the tones are not so scooped-stylized. And that bass sound is frickin' awesome!

There have been several dismissive "they suck" comments here in this thread. I understand why this would not be for everyone (it's not really my thing), but to simply say "they suck" seems to be an odd reaction. This is a talented group, certainly. Good for them for choosing a theme/direction and committing to it. I'd rather listen to this than so many other cookie-cutter "modern rock" bands that are popular today.

the bassist uses and SVT and Ampeg cabs and I love his tone as well. Listen to this tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tzCZnEmEDg

Genesis is great!!! I swore they used Orange Amps during this tour

If you look thru several videos from this time frame the stage gear changes a lot. Just three months later Orange gear is on stage and the bassist had totally different gear. The probably rented gear on certain fly in dates for festivals and one off shows though out the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jraxmwsVnNU

There have been several dismissive "they suck" comments here in this thread. I understand why this would not be for everyone (it's not really my thing), but to simply say "they suck" seems to be an odd reaction. This is a talented group, certainly. Good for them for choosing a theme/direction and committing to it. I'd rather listen to this than so many other cookie-cutter "modern rock" bands that are popular today.

I agree that the modern rock cookie-cutter stuff is just not inspiring to listen to.
But add me to the list of people who just don't get this band. I've listened to a few tracks, and that Cirice song is on Sirius XM...and I heard a song called Goulet or something yesterday....I really do not undertstand the attraction. I wish I did, because I love unique bands.
And I hear no 'above average' musicianship. (flame suit on)

I agree that the modern rock cookie-cutter stuff is just not inspiring to listen to.
But add me to the list of people who just don't get this band. I've listened to a few tracks, and that Cirice song is on Sirius XM...and I heard a song called Goulet or something yesterday....I really do not undertstand the attraction. I wish I did, because I love unique bands.
And I hear no 'above average' musicianship. (flame suit on)

That's cool. To each his own, right? If we all liked the same stuff, it would be kinda boring around here. We'd just have one modeled amp in the AxeFx! :-D

I don't know what to say about the "above average" musicianship. They are not trying to show off a level of technical prowess, but for me, that is not a requirement to like a band. Some bands I like because they have a vibe. These guys have a vibe.

Just saw em last night and damn did they kick ass! For anyone who is dubious about them, you really need to catch them live, unless you are strictly religious and don't like hearing songs about satan/the occult! First thing I noticed when walking into the venue was an MFC-101 near the back of the stage while the opening band was playing, knew Axe-FX goodness was soon to come! Their guitar tone was absolutely perfect, clear as a bell and crunchy and thick, just like the album tone but maybe a tad bit heavier sounding. Was a truly great show, I highly recommend seeing them on this tour if you can!

Back
Top Bottom