Ghost!

serious? yeah I saw them in vancouver. Unreal show, I doubt next time they come through they will be playing to a crowd that size. The bass players tone was killer as well.

Seeing them tomorrow night

Saw some video from NYC
dug the guitar tone glad to hear FAS getting some play in the Doom/Occult Rock scene.
It's been kinda lonely over here...lol

I have been a fan of Ghost since December 2010. I was a huge fan of the singers( and most of Ghost members) other bands. They are a breath of fresh air in the metal community and I fell they will only continue to get bigger and bigger. The live show is killer. Most people see them as a gimmick but the members are really deep into the metal scene and have some long history with their other bands. Not everyone will get it or like it but they are getting a lot of buzz right now.

They opened for Opeth/Mastodon and I really liked them. I'm curious if they'll every veer away from the whole Satanic Pope/Monks shrick, but it appears to work for them. I love the fact they look like they should be playing some Swedish Death Metal but sound more like Blue Oyster Cult. I had no idea they were using AxeFx's, I'm not sure I could even see their gear IIRC.

Ghost is about the lyrics, the theatrics, and the 70's. I didn't really get it until I saw some live videos. I love them now.

Agreed. Saw them on tour with Metallica, Gojira and some other bands. Ghost were by far the most memorable.

Saw pictures of them and hoped I would like them...but...no. How can that even be considered metal?

metal?
It's Occult Rock
think 70s Satan Movies with their soundtracks. Remember Coven? They were one of the most Satanic bands in the US (and where Sabbath stole some of their shtick) and you have music that focuses more on vocal melodies/harmonies and arrangement and less on RIFFS. Oftentimes it can sound Like Mommas and Poppas with that California Dreaming / folk rock vibe. It gets heavier at times but its not the focus. Hell, Zombie Queen is straight 60s/70s surf rock.

metal?
It's Occult Rock
think 70s Satan Movies with their soundtracks. Remember Coven? They were one of the most Satanic bands in the US (and where Sabbath stole some of their shtick) and you have music that focuses more on vocal melodies/harmonies and arrangement and less on RIFFS. Oftentimes it can sound Like Mommas and Poppas with that California Dreaming / folk rock vibe. It gets heavier at times but its not the focus. Hell, Zombie Queen is straight 60s/70s surf rock.

Please don't explain it to people. If they don't get it or don't like it, it wasn't for them.
No sense in sweeping water up hill. :mask:

Back
Top Bottom