Ghost

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Saw them last night - I have to say, they had some of the best quality sound that I've heard in a long time. And the mix was perfect - instruments didn't get lost. Even the bass stood out. I'm assuming they are still all AXE FX for live shows ? Guitars sounded amazing - I would love to get their tone..
I saw Iron Maiden a few weeks ago - and while the sound/mix was good, I don't think it was as good as Ghost.
Show was awesome too, you can definitely tell they put a lot of money into it. Highly recommend if they come near you - even my wife enjoyed it !

Last edited:
Yes, Ghost is Axe-Fx city.

Seriously - I can't imagine anyone questioning if an axe fx is "worth it" after hearing them live... very impressive....
My goal this week is to work on their tone - M@, do you know which models they are using, so I have some kind of starting point?

Awesome! Good to see some big points for the FAS Crunch amp!! I used to use that a lot a few years ago, haven't tried it with the 3 yet so maybe time to try it again!

Become quite the Ghost fan, and only quite recently. Normally I don’t play that kind of thing, but when I heard Dance Macabre, had to download the backing track, quickly learn it and belt it out. ...🤔 ..maybe it was all them girls in that video which bewitched me? 😨

...Would love to see them live. From what I have seen on the U-tube, looks like they put on a really great show.

Because of all the Axe-Fx going on in Ghost, I had one of the most bizarre experiences I’ve ever had at a concert when I saw them last November. Bought VIP tickets which came with early entry into the venue, so I wound up front row right against the barrier. There were a couple parts in the show where one of the guitar players was directly in front of me and it was a section of a song or an intro that was guitar only. I could actually hear his strings acoustically. LOL I was far enough forward that the PA was actually slightly behind me. Heard the drums mostly acoustically too. They were incredible, but it was a weird way to hear a show. Heard a bit of the sidefills, but not much. Definitely my favorite newer band in a long time and I’ll see them any opportunity I get. Love that they’re using Fractal gear!

Saw them open for Opeth/Mastodon several years ago and two years ago with Iron Maiden, thought they sounded great both times. Their production grew a bit more elaborate by the Maiden tour.

Because of all the Axe-Fx going on in Ghost, I had one of the most bizarre experiences I’ve ever had at a concert when I saw them last November. Bought VIP tickets which came with early entry into the venue, so I wound up front row right against the barrier. There were a couple parts in the show where one of the guitar players was directly in front of me and it was a section of a song or an intro that was guitar only. I could actually hear his strings acoustically. LOL I was far enough forward that the PA was actually slightly behind me. Heard the drums mostly acoustically too. They were incredible, but it was a weird way to hear a show. Heard a bit of the sidefills, but not much. Definitely my favorite newer band in a long time and I’ll see them any opportunity I get. Love that they’re using Fractal gear!

I had a similar experience at a Rush show years ago - the PA was just far enough behind me that I could really only hear their stage volume - it was a really cool experience - while the sound really wasn't great - it was cool to hear what they are hearing.
Anyway - I was really impressed by the Ghost show - top notch production for sure !

Saw them in Boston a few months back. Tone and performance was amazing. Can't wait until they come back to town.

Back
Top Bottom