GHOST!

I think I read somewhere that Ghost started out as a joke/side project. And I have to believe that "He Is" on the new album is meant as a joke (makes me chuckle, anyway). That said, I listen to the album all the time.
"He Is" was written a while ago and was originally 'She Is' but it was later changed to make it fit this 'theme'.

I've never even heard of them before seeing this thread here. Now a massive fan, and going down to London in March to catch their live show - I think it will be a great night! (And that bass sound- Jeezo!)

Last edited:
I don't think it's a joke band. They are bringing back the idea of "rock stars" while being anonymous, a certain mystique, that is missing in this day and age of immediate gratification. Their music is very well written; although some might not care for the subject matter, some might, some like myself don't give a shit, and just dig the music for what it is.
Who cares about lyrics? I am a guitar player, I couldn't give a shit what they saying, i give a shit what they're playing, lol.
Seriously though, I just recently started actually listening to lyrics. I only cared about the riffs, musicians don't really listen to the lyrics, do they?

Sorry they, sound like a Metal version of Abba,lol. That song anyway, I couldn't make it to the chorus. I don't mean to be a dick, but I grew on on going to Metallica, Soundgarden, Pantera, CoC, shows, etc... This band and most new metal bands, are a regurgitation of tones and soundscapes of yesterday, although some are cool, I just don't feel the hair on my hair on my arms raise, like I used to feel. I guess I am spoiled, but I sincerely hope that the kids are getting the same vibes I did, back in the day. I am trying to create something totally new, (musically), in the same vein as yesterday, but with the creative vigor and intensity, as the bands I mentioned. I miss getting excited about album releases etc.... The internet really f@@@@ed, the music industry. It is just not the same and it's not fair!!

King Diamond will eat these dudes for lunch. I'll shut up now, I had to mention the King, to illustrate my point above.

Sorry they, sound like a Metal version of Abba,lol. That song anyway, I couldn't make it to the chorus. I don't mean to be a dick, but I grew on on going to Metallica, Soundgarden, Pantera, CoC, shows, etc... This band and most new metal bands, are a regurgitation of tones and soundscapes of yesterday, although some are cool, I just don't feel the hair on my hair on my arms raise, like I used to feel. I guess I am spoiled, but I sincerely hope that the kids are getting the same vibes I did, back in the day. I am trying to create something totally new, (musically), in the same vein as yesterday, but with the creative vigor and intensity, as the bands I mentioned. I miss getting excited about album releases etc.... The internet really f@@@@ed, the music industry. It is just not the same and it's not fair!!

Sorry they, sound like a Metal version of Abba,lol. That song anyway, I couldn't make it to the chorus. I don't mean to be a dick, but I grew on on going to Metallica, Soundgarden, Pantera, CoC, shows, etc... This band and most new metal bands, are a regurgitation of tones and soundscapes of yesterday, although some are cool, I just don't feel the hair on my hair on my arms raise, like I used to feel.

Give it a couple more decades. It won't be just the hair on your arms that doesn't raise the way it used to.

Obviously you haven't taken the time to explore them. It took a while for me to catch on to them.
I checked them out...nothing exciting, vocals are meh, guitars are meh...there are TONS of musicians out there way better than these guys...it must be the 'cool' costumes that kids fall for nowadays.

I checked them out...nothing exciting, vocals are meh, guitars are meh...there are TONS of musicians out there way better than these guys...it must be the 'cool' costumes that kids fall for nowadays.

Define 'better' musicians? These guys play simple songs, well written with a nod to the 70's. I was a fan of their first album before I saw any pics of them. In fact, the costumes put me off a bit. I think the songs are good. Somewhere along the way metal became all about gurning and tough guy vocals. These guys bring back a sense of the ridiculous which is more than welcome in my book. That is not to say that they are a joke. There is a difference.

If you dont get it, move on. much like DT's new double cd limp fest.... uggh, i'm done with them until they get Portnoy back. Took me a bit to get into Ghost, i dont like their older stuff, like the newer more guitar driven stuff. Maybe the older stuff will grow on me.

Back
Top Bottom