GHOST!

I bought their new CD a couple of weeks ago and it is excellent. Great song writing throughout. A little modern rock, 70's rock and prog mixed in. I was expecting much less, given their shtick, but they've obviously spent a lot of time writing and crafting their tunes. Like someone else said, great melodies and unpredictable chords, chord changes and harmonies. It's not just cool riffs linked together. Even the keyboard parts are a good fit. I almost never buy new music, but this really caught my ear. Plus, I find myself singing along to songs praising Satan, which can't be all bad, right?

Yes they're still on the Artist page, I'm guessing it will be more to do with the American leg of the tour being over, and a cool new advert being out.

WOW, these guys really rock! Amazing live show!

I am on 12 shows now and was very lucky to see them early in their career. Recent shows are nothing short of amazing. Have had the pleasure of meeting the entire band on several occasions and they are extremely down to earth and are extremely grateful to meet fans( said thank you to me more then once for following them and singer was amazed that I had an old tour shirt on when I met them). I spoke with both guitarist about their Fractals and joked about sharing their patches. They are very engaged with their gear and all of them spoke in depth about what they thought of Fractal.

Last edited:
I'v watched quite a few live videos of these guys. Who's doing all the backing vocals? They sound great but it would suck if they're flying them all in.

Fantastic gig in Newcastle, sound was amazing, the Axe FX's sounded awesome, I doubt I'll ever get to play mine at that volume, but it's nights like that make me sure I made the right choice, and glad I sold the Kemper ;)

It's funny how many bands are profiting from being a joke band. Kinda Sad, but at least
keeps the music alive.

It's funny how many bands are profiting from being a joke band. Kinda Sad, but at least
keeps the music alive.

I don't think it's a joke band. They are bringing back the idea of "rock stars" while being anonymous, a certain mystique, that is missing in this day and age of immediate gratification. Their music is very well written; although some might not care for the subject matter, some might, some like myself don't give a shit, and just dig the music for what it is.

I think I read somewhere that Ghost started out as a joke/side project. And I have to believe that "He Is" on the new album is meant as a joke (makes me chuckle, anyway). That said, I listen to the album all the time.

Back
Top Bottom