GHOST!

Think he's using two types of Strat on this tour. One definitely has a Sustainer system fitted (photos floating around). He did switch out for certain songs so could possibly be different tuning or just a backup.

I'm glad I found this thread, and thanks to Matt for posting the link to their performance on the Jimmy Kimmel show. I had never heard of them, but am now a definite fan. Their latest album, "Impera", is a collection of well arranged and performed songs that illustrate the talent of Tobias Forge and his fellow bandmates. And although as a guitar player, I usually key in on those players, I am most impressed with their drummer, who really brings a lot of energy to this group.

I'm glad I found this thread, and thanks to Matt for posting the link to their performance on the Jimmy Kimmel show. I had never heard of them, but am now a definite fan. Their latest album, "Impera", is a collection of well arranged and performed songs that illustrate the talent of Tobias Forge and his fellow bandmates. And although as a guitar player, I usually key in on those players, I am most impressed with their drummer, who really brings a lot of energy to this group.
Apparently the drummer has been a mainstay for the recordings (not like the other studio players). Shows are an entirely different story.

But on the recordings, I've used the same drummer for most records — a guy named Ludvig Kennberg. But he's been drumming on the majority of the records — from the first one to the third one, fourth one, and one of the EPs and stuff in the middle — but never with us live.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/tobias-forge-says-ghost-has-gone-through-about-15-stage-members-so-far

Apparently the drummer has been a mainstay for the recordings (not like the other studio players). Shows are an entirely different story.

But on the recordings, I've used the same drummer for most records — a guy named Ludvig Kennberg. But he's been drumming on the majority of the records — from the first one to the third one, fourth one, and one of the EPs and stuff in the middle — but never with us live.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/tobias-forge-says-ghost-has-gone-through-about-15-stage-members-so-far
Henry,

Thanks for the link. An interesting way to manage a band. I suppose it reminds me somewhat of Steely Dan, who similarly used studio musicians for recording. However, it must be a challenge to find musicians who can replicate the talent of the studio musicians on the record and are willing to wear those masks during all their performances.

Henry,

Thanks for the link. An interesting way to manage a band. I suppose it reminds me somewhat of Steely Dan, who similarly used studio musicians for recording. However, it must be a challenge to find musicians who can replicate the talent of the studio musicians on the record and are willing to wear those masks during all their performances.

I would I a-if a half decent pay package and the chance to tour the world at a fairly comfortable level might help

Think he's using two types of Strat on this tour. One definitely has a Sustainer system fitted (photos floating around). He did switch out for certain songs so could possibly be different tuning or just a backup.

Seems like their live lead guitar player is Per Eriksson. You might already know that...

Unlikely, but not impossible,

Should it cross anyone's mind the next time Fractal team link up would appreciate asking. I'm seeing them for the 2nd time this year in Philly (w/ Mastodon) pretty soon and always buy the good seats... between all the tickets and merch we bought at least one of their Axe FXs. What's a few presets to them

If not still worth every penny, and last time out we saw them with Volbeat and they were both in top form

Not that their sound is terribly complex to replicate, but actual patches would be fun to mess with

Should it cross anyone's mind the next time Fractal team link up would appreciate asking. I'm seeing them for the 2nd time this year in Philly (w/ Mastodon) pretty soon and always buy the good seats... between all the tickets and merch we bought at least one of their Axe FXs. What's a few presets to them

If not still worth every penny, and last time out we saw them with Volbeat and they were both in top form
To the random bedroom player, no it's not bad (and that's not a dig, I have no idea what your background is but I for one am certainly a bedroom player). However, while not complex, I can see why bands are hesitant to make "their sound" so public and accessible. They shouldn't have to provide you with anything additional for coming to see a show. Just my thoughts!

I don't think they owe me anything just a statement of fact. If I had any real entitlement over it I'd have asked for a handjob*

Also you might be surprised how engaged some artists are. In the early days of email one fairly-known personality drove 30 minutes each way just to pick up a t-shirt a guy in the service shipped to her hotel to sign, but that had arrived the day after she played the venue. She also scribbled out some quick sheet music for a part the guy had asked about.

I made a comment about it and she said, "selling t-shirts was how I ate for 5 years, least I could do." Someone pointed out it was a current-tour shirt, and she said "well if you have one of my early ones that's worth a handjob"

Back
Top Bottom