Getting the Axe 3, no longer be needing this?

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
So I received my invitation few days ago and just placed my order. I have long used the Radial Tonebone as part of my chain between my guitar and the Axe fx II. Purpose was to send a line to my rackmount tuner and another dry signal to my interface for reamping (analogue)

I assume with the Axe III I would just use Outputs 3 + 4 to accomplish the same thing yeah?

Attachments

• tonebone.jpg
    tonebone.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 34
Yeah the III's tuner is fantastic. Great response and the display looks great too. Works great on the FC-12 display and in Axe Edit too.

You can internally route your guitar DI signal through Output 3 or 4 on the Axe III if you want to record it via analog. The III also has dedicated USB channels for both capturing DI signals and sending them back to the III. 8x8 USB I/O on the III compared to 4x2 USB I/O on the II. Reamping via USB even in the context of the mix on the III is stupid easy.

Last edited:
I didn't order the FC yet as I need to absorb this purchase first but have my old Behringer fcb1010 that i've held on to for years i've used it with my Ultra and the II and each time have upgraded to the MFC101. Back to my behringer as a stand in. It has the Eureka eprom that I'm assuming should still work with the III as it looks like the CC's are the same. fingers crossed. in time I'll go for the fc 6 or 12. likely the 12 cuz i'm a gear whore and like lots of switches.

Today my order status changed to 'shipped' so now I obsess over tracking delivery for the next week.

Last edited:
Your fcb1010 should work fine. I was in the same boat as you and ended up getting the FC6. The FC's functionality, flexibility and ease of programming is incredible coming from the MFC101. The other driver of my decision was having 4 expression pedals and a 4-switch add on box that I used with the MFC. the FC is the only way to get more than the 2 expression controller ins on the III.

Your fcb1010 should work fine. I was in the same boat as you and ended up getting the FC6. The FC's functionality, flexibility and ease of programming is incredible coming from the MFC101. The other driver of my decision was having 4 expression pedals and a 4-switch add on box that I used with the MFC. the FC is the only way to get more than the 2 expression controller ins on the III.
I have 3 expression pedals: one spring loaded for a dedicate wah and 2 other mission pedals for various needs. I figure the behringer will have the 2 built in pedals to get me by and i'll run a long trs to my spring loaded pedal for wah

Yeah im sure with well thought out layout/programming the FC-6 would easily do the job. For awhile, before I got the MFC-101 , i had the morningstar mc6 and came up with a good configuration to get me around to different layouts.

Back
Top Bottom