Getting that hard hitting bark from JCM800...

Pwrmac7600

Power User
while still have a good amount of gain for hard rock/metal. Looking to create a preset that really recreates that verd hard hitting bark the jcm800 is known for. Tried all the typical methods of an sd1 or ts in front. But the pedals seem to smooth the gain out and take away the bark if anything. Share some of your favorite jcm800 settings.

What tone/player/song are you trying to emulate? That might make it easier to zero in on a patch.
No specific player, just that tone JCM800's are known for. When you first strike a Chord the amp punches you in the gut. Any JCM800's I have ever owned that that initial smack when you first hit a chord, but I can not seem to bring that out in the model. Maybe because I am use to 2203, and that is a 2204 that is modeled, i don't know.

I hear people say to crank the matter all the time on the jcm800, but to me it sounds like a flubby mess when you do that.
It all depends on the IR you use and how you tame the bass frequencies in the preamp section versus post power amp section.

That is the key to the whole equation of controlling the flub.

If you want the classic stock cab that was period correct for the 2203 or 2204, check my site as people have reported great results using it.

No specific player, just that tone JCM800's are known for. When you first strike a Chord the amp punches you in the gut. Any JCM800's I have ever owned that that initial smack when you first hit a chord, but I can not seem to bring that out in the model. Maybe because I am use to 2203, and that is a 2204 that is modeled, i don't know.
Can you post a clip in the general range of tones your trying to get, it might be easier to proceed from there. Perry

Yeah I apologise, I have been working like crazy so I haven't had anytime to post clips. Will this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom