Getting Audio through USB to iMac

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I am on Axe FXIII Firmware 1.08 and can't get any sound through USB.
The Axe FXIII is showing up in my system preferences and I've selected Axe FXIII for both input and output, but still nothing. I looked at the manual but can't figure it out. Need some help.

I used the usb of the Axe FXIII to update to 1.08 with no problem.
I also just hooked up my Axe FXII to the same iMac with usb and it worked fine.

Updating firmware uses USB data.

Getting sound to your Mac uses USB Audio. This requires an Output block. Use Output block 1 for USB channels 1/2 on the computer.

To get sound from the computer into the Axe, use Output block 1 (channels 1/2 for computer) or the Input USB block (channels 7/8).

It's all in the manual and wiki.

I read the manual before I posted. I just looked at the Wiki and still can't figure it out, still nothing. Shouldn't be this hard.

I have input and output blocks. They are in all the factory presets.
What do I need to change in the Axe FXIII and where is it, and what do I change it to ? What do I need to change in the iMac and where is it, and what do I change it to? Why is the Axe FXII working fine though usb and the Axe FXIII not?

Last edited:
I can't get any sound through usb into my iMac. Couldn't figure it out from the manual or wiki.
Over two hours now trying to get this to work. Very close to just giving up and returning the Axe FXIII. It shouldn't be this hard.

I have an input block and output block in the preset. They are in all factory presets.

I have Axe FXIII selected for the input and output on my High Sierra iMac.

The Axe FXIII shows up in Audio Devices on my iMac.

Configure speakers shows Out 1 (Out 1 L) and Out 2 (Out 1 R), and configuration stereo.

Do I need to set up something specific for usb in the Axe FXIII? If so where is it?
I can't find anywhere in the Axe FXIII for setting up usb.

I just checked and my Axe FXII is working fine through usb into my iMac. Not the Axe FXIII though.

Back
Top Bottom