Getting an Axe Fx 2 MkII tomorrow!

Hey, guys! Glad to be on here. As stated in the title, I'll be getting an Axe Fx 2 MkII tomorrow. I'm mainly getting it for recording great tones in my home studio. I plan on just going straight into my computer to record into my DAW (using the Axe Fx as an interface). I'm super excited to dive in. I understand there's quite a learning curve that comes along with it though. Any valuable tips you guys can offer to help me get started would be appreciated!

Do you know what presets the seller has put on the AxeFX For you? If there are stock presets only it may be worth your while to invest a few more shekels into what many of us consider the Holy Grail of FAS presets, the Dream Rigs by www.austinbuddy.com . It will give you a head start on discovering the breadth and quality of EVery amp model and corresponding cab and FX settings in the box.....
have fun, and we know you will.
Inteesting screen name BTW....Chiggins will soon be Chuggin. ;).

Hey, man. Thanks for the reply. I don't actually know what he has/doesn't have on there already. He said he really only used it for playing at church, so probably mainly just worship type tones. That's cool and all, but my style is more hard rock/metal. Also, my real name is Tyler. That's just a made up name from Impractical Jokers I always thought was funny. Maybe I'll change it to DandyChuggins now though. Lol. ;)

Hey, man. Thanks for the reply. I don't actually know what he has/doesn't have on there already. He said he really only used it for playing at church, so probably mainly just worship type tones. That's cool and all, but my style is more hard rock/metal. Also, my real name is Tyler. That's just a made up name from Impractical Jokers I always thought was funny. Maybe I'll change it to DandyChuggins now though. Lol. ;)
YOU should be on the Impractcal Jokers Cruise going on right now ! (I live in Miami Beach and watch from my balcony the ships (that I used to gig on) go in and out of the Port Of Miami.........

Maybe next year I should go. Lol. So, I’ve found a couple of rhythm presets I’ve liked already. I’m going for an Alice In Chains kind of tone. So, the Friedman amps and the Bogner Fish amp are probably gonna be a good place to start. Do you know of any great presets/IRs that will cover that ground nicely?

Hi
Welcome , enjoy the ride it a wonderful piece of kit, I have a mk II also and I think the first recommendation would be to load latest firmware ares to make sure get the best tones possible.

Rock on
G \../

Read the manual in sections, learn how to squeeze as much juice out of the Axe Fx as possible, make sure you have a pot of tea or coffee to keep you alert. Check out YouTube videos by Leon Todd, KKMmusic, Cooper Carter, thibderob etc. Use the Axe fx Forum for information, Axe Change for presets and Google/YouTube for whatever you need to research. Most of all don't get discouraged there's a huge Fractal community out there to help.

Awesome pointers, man. Thank you. I’ve actually been watching Leon for a long time now. He’s a big part of why I’m finally diving into the Axe Fx world. He’s opened my eyes to the flexibility, the truly badass quality of tones, and also an awesome community for all the Fractal stuff. I’ll brew up some extra coffee and check out those other channels too. Thanks again!

One of my favorite things about the Axe-FX II is to run 2 guitarists through one rig. Might come in handy for you one day. I played a show on bass years ago and the guitarist and I shared my Axe going straight into the board without cabs. Sounded and was the quickest soundcheck ever.

I normally don't like presets but I fell in love with "The Planets". Ended up coming up with an entire concept album based upon a riff that preset helped create.

Back
Top Bottom