Getting an AX8 soon, question about expression pedals

BonStobbe

Hi guys! New to this forum but assuming I will be a regular when I order an AX8 next week! (Very excited)

I just had a quick question about expression pedals with the AX8. I'm currently renting a helix and I love that you can set the expression to be a volume but once you engage it it can be a wah, whammy or whatever you want. Can this be done with an expression pedal with AX8 or can the expression only be set for one thing at a time?

I will be keeping my current wah pedal to use with the unit but then buying the Missiom engineering EP1 to switch between volume and whammy :)

I use the Mission expression pedals and love them. If you like the look and feel of the Dunlop line of wah's you'll be very happy with it.

Where are you finding new EP-1's? I looked but couldn't find any; I thought I saw it was discontinued? I wound up ordering the Moog EP-3 (which should probably be fine, as I'm not currently gigging).

Sorry I got mixed up, I'm actually looking at the SP1... Yeah I have a JP95 wah and love it so much I can't give it up, I tried a friend's mission pedal and thought it would be great to have a similar feeling expression pedal (they also make it in a metal finish which I'll get to match :p)

As for where I'm gonna get it, probably order it from my local store

Sorry I got mixed up, I'm actually looking at the SP1... Yeah I have a JP95 wah and love it so much I can't give it up, I tried a friend's mission pedal and thought it would be great to have a similar feeling expression pedal (they also make it in a metal finish which I'll get to match :p)

As for where I'm gonna get it, probably order it from my local store
I have 2 of these with the LED-option, works beautifully. Hooked up with 4 cables so I can set the toeswitch to enable wha as i use the second one (first one is always volume-block control) to control delay mix :)

Yeah that sounds awesome! I think I may get a second one at some point so I can have one as a volume/whammy and then one as effect control

Back
Top Bottom