Getting acquainted with the Axe-FX II part 1

gmaslin

Like many here, I have too many pedals and am tired of dealing with them. My hope is that I can raceeproduce most of the same sounds with my Axe FX II and an FCB1010. I named this thread part 1 because it will be focused solely on delay, reverb and modulation sounds. Wah will be excluded here even though it is arguably a modulating sound. There are a crap load of pedals in this category but I will be presenting them in order of their persistence in my chain. First up:

Digitech Timebender
This pedal allows you to choose one of ten delay types which you can then overlay with numerous patterns and voicings. The delay types are in three categories, Digital, Analog and warp effects. How does the Axe FX II apply categories to its signal manipulation?

Why is this posted on the Preset Exchange category? Are you planning to post presets?

Also, a wah is a filter... Not a modulation effect. ;)

unix-guy
Thanks for the timely response. I saw the advice to put any "help me find this tone" type of posts in this forum. Since I'm researching how to replicate many of my pedal chain tones on an Axe, I thought this was the appropriate place. If I was wrong about this, please suggest where it should be moved.

Your post didn't really come across as asking to achieve a particular tone, but more of a general question about the Axe Fx.

unix-guy
Well, yes and no. I will need general information about how the Axe parameters relate to the controls on the individual pedals but ultimately, it's about getting specific sounds out of it. Okay, for example, what settings will get me a canyon like expanse of sound?

unix-guy
Well, yes and no. I will need general information about how the Axe parameters relate to the controls on the individual pedals but ultimately, it's about getting specific sounds out of it. Okay, for example, what settings will get me a canyon like expanse of sound?
That is a pretty vague question but I would check the Deep Space type in the Reverb block. But it could also be done with a Multi Delay and increasing the Input Diffusion setting.

However, the type of questions you are asking still don't feel right for this section... You aren't asking someone to create a preset with this type of sound, nor are you posting one.

Most likely this would be a better fit in the Axe Fx II Discussion forum.

Do you own an Axe Fx and having a hard time doing something or are you a prospective owner trying to find out how things work?

It's best to be upfront about where you're coming from to get the best responses.

You nailed it, I'm a prospective buyer researching the unit. I'm on the Kemper forum doing the same. Does the Axe FX define what parameters are used to create the space for tweaking purposes? More specifically, is Deep Space just a category for long delay settings with highly muted/modulated repeats? I suppose I could speak more intelligently on this topic if I read the manual, is it available to the public?

You nailed it, I'm a prospective buyer researching the unit. I'm on the Kemper forum doing the same. Does the Axe FX define what parameters are used to create the space for tweaking purposes? More specifically, is Deep Space just a category for long delay settings with highly muted/modulated repeats? I suppose I could speak more intelligently on this topic if I read the manual, is it available to the public?
Deep Space is one "type" of Reverb available. There are many parameters that can be adjusted on any reverb type, and on most effect types.

The manual is available online, although it isn't 100% current.

I would encourage you to read it.

Back
Top Bottom