Getting a weird clicking noise when using the leggy sim. Please help

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4HymfFwGLA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I made a quick YouTube video of the clicking noise I'm getting. I only notice it when using my leggy patch. It's a lot worse when the wah is activated and in the toe down position. I tried lowering the master and level. I tried two different atomic cabs.
I can't reproduce the sound with any other patch so far. Just the leggy.

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this noise.
Hopefully you can hear it from the video.
And NO it's not the camera microphone making the noise.

Please help if you can.
Thanks

Last edited:
Damn. I didn't even think of that. I've been using yeks patches as my template, which are pretty much filled up plus I added one extra block to the chain. So maybe that is overloading it. I'll have to check when I get back home tonight
I never thought I'd be able to overload the axeII

As far as the USB goes, does simply having it plugged in use CPU or is it a matter of how you are using it (audio vs only midi)?

I just got home and checked the CPU usage. It was at 99 percent. I deleted a couple unused blocks and the clicking noise went away.

Thanks java. You're awesome.
I never would have figured that out.

Just to be clear, is there a limit on how high you want to run the CPU percentage?
I think I'm still at 90%. Is that higher than I should be running it to get an optimal sound?

95% is typically where you start to get the noises. I try to keep below 90% to maintain some headroom.

Back
Top Bottom