Fixed Getting a crackle

Jumpback

Experienced
Just got my FM3 and playing with it Via USB/FM3 Edit and going through presets and every min or so I get a nice crackle and It Is recorded too, any Ideas?

Thanks

Just got my FM3 and playing with it Via USB/FM3 Edit and going through presets and every min or so I get a nice crackle and It Is recorded too, any Ideas?

Thanks

Same is occurring with mine @Jumpback, just did not post about it yet.

Had some tracks I had to lay down for a friend and used my Scarlett 2i2 in the interim. My crackles are recorded in Logic as well.

Note: Did try a different USB 2.0 cable as well, same result.

I also had latency so I did the 1.03 update Beta, and the Latency went away but still getting crackles though a little less, what can we do? Help!!

Now the latency is back and is the static, wanna buy this thing, Im over it if I cant record with this thing..

1. Can you maybe post a small clip? Some may recognize the 'crackle' and offer more help.
  2. Have you checked/adjusted the 'Input Pad 1' for your (loudest) guitar, per the manual?
  3. What is the CPU% of the preset?
  4. Have you tried 1.04 beta?
  5. If others are also experiencing this, and it is repeatable, it will be fixed.

1. Can you maybe post a small clip? Some may recognize the 'crackle' and offer more help.
  2. Have you checked/adjusted the 'Input Pad 1' for your (loudest) guitar, per the manual?
  3. What is the CPU% of the preset?
  4. Have you tried 1.04 beta?
  5. If others are also experiencing this, and it is repeatable, it will be fixed.
Yes the beta 04 worked and the cpu was hovering around 71ish, if anyone is having this same issue, the update really made a big Dif, thanks everyone

With usb disconnected it works good, i assume.
If the answer is yes it could be the buffer size in your PC.
When i installed the drivers the buffer size was at 512 (latency). Changed to 16 and works great.
Maybe you need to find a setting that works well in your pc

No It was anyway I had it, but with the beta update it stoped being noisy and no latency regardless of my DAW Buffer, so stoked now

I had a similar issue with this but it was with a compressor in the chain (Studio and pedal type). I could hear this with a clean amp but not so much with a distorted one. I thought it was from a converted AX8 preset but was able to recreate it using a blank preset. Shunting the block then adding it back fixed the problem. I haven't had an issue sense.

Back
Top Bottom