Getting 8.01a to sound like....???

Radley

Experienced
'I like 7.0 sometimes, but then again I like 5.03 really late at night. Sometimes 2.0 feels best when I've had a bit to drink', but the bottom line is:

*8.01a Rocks*, and is the most flexible and sonically satisfying platform we have ever had on the AFX II - I will always welcome Cliff's next update, but this is the 'pinnacle of the platform' for me so far! 'Me Veddy Happy Camper'... :)

Tip: Cliff's new mid-boost feature makes it much easier to get some great Mk 2, 3, 4 Boogie solo sounds - Try it!!! (don't forget to dip some mids in the Amp's Graphic EQ, just like you would with the real amp).

Did I miss something

"Cliffs new mid-boost...."

Did try a search on the forum - A lot of talk about mid boost. But not from Cliff.

Can you guide me to the correct thread, please?

Greetings

AAEN

Or the "fat" mode, by pressing enter on the 'mid' knob in the amp block.
This essentially shifts the tonestack down (frequency-wise) resulting in mid freq. emphasis (pre gain for the Mesa Mk. sims).

Or the "fat" mode, by pressing enter on the 'mid' knob in the amp block.
This essentially shifts the tonestack down (frequency-wise) resulting in mid freq. emphasis (pre gain for the Mesa Mk. sims).

This is very similar to pulling out the treble knob mids-boost sw. on a Boogie Mk 2 - 4. The effect works best on these kinds of amps because it happens pre-distortion (because the whole tone stack is pre-distortion). This provides fat mids and smoothness without sounding 'honky'....

Back
Top Bottom