Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

My Axe FX froze up on a preset twice during rehearsal tonight.
Could not get past it using the wheel on the front either, it was not the same preset each time.
Had to reboot to fix it.
Can this be a bug in FW11?

Love the update by the way, great stuff!

that's not strictly true.. not in the Axe at least...

this is all one preset with a riffing tone and soloing tone in it..
the riffing tone is a 5153Red and a VH4ch4 together
at the start of the clip they have been 'cleaned' via modifiers

at 0:47 I switch to the soloing tone, which is the 5153Red on it's own
at 1:32 I morph it clean.. and between 2:05 and 2:07 it morphs from hi-gain to clean again..
the lil' country thing at the end at 3:09 is still the 5153Red in full-on soloing mode morphed clean...

hi-gain amps can clean up... surprisingly so if you know how to cool down the gain and then fix the tone back up..

I agree some will get cleaner ,but there will always be some grit In my experience. Thats why most of the modern monsters are ch switching with separate cleans.
it just depends on the definition of "Clean"
like the Police" or like Lynyrd Skynard

but yes your right they will clean up some

i thought maybe i was doing something wrong. i recently had an ultra and i loved it, and i was able to roll back my guitar volume and clean up even the meanest of amps. with the II there is always some grit there....and most of the time it sounds like some highs being trashed or digital clipping, certainly not the sound of a tube starting to distort. but this isn't limited to the latest firmware, i had this problem from day one (a little over a month ago). not knowing what is considered normal, i didn't know whether the problem was the axe-fx or something i was doing wrong.

freaking awesome! don't just leave me drooling.....hook a brother up with a preset.
Clarky's morphing presets can be found scattered throughout the forum, especially in his morphing and tone-building threads, which are well worth the time to read.

freaking awesome! don't just leave me drooling.....hook a brother up with a preset.

a little thing to note.... that preset ain't just a case of loading it up and it works..
there's stuff to do in the MFC too..

tell ya what [to avoid hijacking this thread]
if you want the preset and the 'how to setup control' info PM me and I'll walk you through it all

My Axe FX froze up on a preset twice during rehearsal tonight.
Could not get past it using the wheel on the front either, it was not the same preset each time.
Had to reboot to fix it.
Can this be a bug in FW11?

I have encountered similar - http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/73055-dear-fractal.html#post894651

A couple days later, I returned to it and it locked again. I reinstalled the FW and since then, it's been ok, but I haven't got into any further heavy tweaking or jacking around with it

Clarky's morphing presets can be found scattered throughout the forum, especially in his morphing and tone-building threads, which are well worth the time to read.

Given how good Clarky's tone is in that clip --I'm heading over to his tone-building thread now...

Don't know if this has been observed, but patches created using FW11b won't show up or play in earlier versions.....

"Any presets created with V11 will not be compatible with prior versions."

I was intending to be helpful to anybody suffering the same perplexing and worrying problem in which patches appear to be vanishing or erasing existing patches during transfer. This turned out to be caused by their incompatibility, but wasn't initially as obvious to me and others....

Gosh.... it does sound great!! But that's not exactly news....

Cliff+Richard+-+Thank+You+Very+Much+-+London+Palladium+Reunion+Concert+-+CD+ALBUM-293828.jpg

:)
Wrong Cliff, but same message...

Reactions: Ole
Don't know if this has been observed, but patches created using FW11b won't show up or play in earlier versions.....

I reverted back to 10 and it wasn't every preset made with 11b that wasn't compatible, it was every damn patch I'd even scrolled over and it got completely wiped hahaha.

Just a word of warning, make sure you're backed up.

Bad luck Fun111. Luckily in my brief experience, the 11b patches just didn't show up. SO only trying to load one, only one of my old patches was replaced. But then once I upgraded, the 11b patch appeared, and the others were fine too.

Beta 11 has been out a month....surprised an official version hasn't released yet? Is this the longest beta to official release to date? Curious....

Am really happy with 11. For the first time I can hear some dust on the virtual amps. I liked 10, it was like shiny new amps in my livingroom, great sound, albeit a bit characterless - but I can only say this in hindsight. And with 11, there is character, a new realness.

Back
Top Bottom