Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

Hello.

I`ve backed up my patches and used fractal boot to uppdate to firmware 11B.
I went like normal.. but in the G.menu it says "version 10xx". ? Is this expected cause its a beta? or is the FX not updated?
Reg AJJ

Hello.

I went like normal.. but in the G.menu it says "version 10xx". ? Is this expected cause its a beta? or is the FX not updated?
Reg AJJ

Ignore the Global menu. If it says 11.00beta in the Utility menu you are all set.

Hello.

Reg AJJ

Ignore the global menu. If the Utility menu says 11.00beta you are good to go.

edit: Too slow on the draw. The man beat me to his own quote. Go figure. :lol

Here's a preset that demonstrates the dynamic behavior:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/11.0/VH_for_V11.syx

Crank it up and play anything off the first four Van Halen albums. This patch sounds best loud!

I typically wait to upgrade firmware (10 being the exception)

You really got me though with the Van Halen patch! (ha, see what I did there ;) )

I see van halen anything and I download it.

Been playing the Van Halen patch ever since I got back Saturday. That patch is freaking awesome!

I'm really getting into 11b and damn it sounds great!

However, since upgrading, I've noticed an audible "pop" when I first turn the system on that wasn't there before. I'm monitoring the AF2 out of AES to power amps and a FRFS system. Also, the "Out 1 Clip" light blinks during the "pop". This happens even if the guitar isn't plugged in.

Don't know if this matters, but the AF2 is also connected to a Windows 7 PC via USB as well. I've installed the latest USB drivers and set all the Windows audio drivers to 24 bit, 48 kHz for the AF2. The PC is always on while I'm playing, even though I'm not using it for live monitoring, just recording.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ok, updated to 11b solely to play the vh patch - it sounds hideous (said like the wife in the state farm commercial). should i make sure a previous fw's settings aren't at play? running into a matrix gt1000 2u and 2 Q12p

thanks!
raze

I'm really getting into 11b and damn it sounds great!

However, since upgrading, I've noticed an audible "pop" when I first turn the system on that wasn't there before. I'm monitoring the AF2 out of AES to power amps and a FRFS system. Also, the "Out 1 Clip" light blinks during the "pop". This happens even if the guitar isn't plugged in.

Don't know if this matters, but the AF2 is also connected to a Windows 7 PC via USB as well. I've installed the latest USB drivers and set all the Windows audio drivers to 24 bit, 48 kHz for the AF2. The PC is always on while I'm playing, even though I'm not using it for live monitoring, just recording.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Just to clarify, you turn your monitors on before your Axe-Fx? The pop should be there every time then. However, if that's not the case, the same thing happens to me when I open my DAW (Logic Pro X). It's just a small, cute little pop, so I just chuckle and move on.

any news about the "official/not beta" release of FW11.00?
(it's bigger then my mind to understand the logic behind the versions numbers!!! :roll )

any news about the "official/not beta" release of FW11.00?
(it's bigger then my mind to understand the logic behind the versions numbers!!! :roll )

Given we have been told that AE1.9 messes with patches, there might be a long-awaited download posted before FW11 can go to full release.

Back
Top Bottom