Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

One thing I will say - 10.12 isn't even on the web site yet..but is a beta floating around.... and now there's 11.0b betas flying around.. and Axe Edit 3.0 just around the corner... How about forgetting 10.12 and releasing 11 with axe edit?

With bass amps! :)

Pauly

Cliff...I updated to 11b last night. The Plexi 100 and VibroVerb are my bread-n-butter. The Plexi 100 sounds amazing, but the VibroVerb seems to have lost something. I would describe it as less open and 3D, with less top end. The Plexi 100 sounds so good I don't want to go back to 10.12. Before I just start experimenting on my VibroVerb patches, do you have any recommended parameters to start with other than the obvious treble and presence?

I remember me saying a few weeks ago that fw 10 was a milestone for the axe.. now few weeks later i can only conclude this is even a bigger step forward.. it sounds punchier clearer especially on the leads ... one word :awesome... so indeed.. santas pelotas de caca...

I apologize if I missed this in reading the preceeding 26 pages of posts, but is the Beta v11b that is being referred to available for download? Download link?

Hmmm... was about to update to 10.12 and then saw this!!!

But...

Headlining an outdoor gig in two days in front of approximately 6,000 people!

ooohhhh the temptation!!

I need to know!... Will this mess up existing presets? Will I have to do a System Restore and thus have to fix all my controllers??

Well, I did it! I updated to 11b Tuesday night. I tweaked Tues/Wed night until the wee hours of the morning. I adjusted some levels and brightness on a few patches. Most of the stuff was from things I wasn't happy with in the past, not 11b related.

I played the gig last night without a single problem. Here's a short video clip of our singer being a bit silly (sorry about the awful sound quality!):
https://vine.co/v/hA70ZZxJ9wa

Holy snikeys. Just got done updating (was on vacation all week and watching the fun on my mobile from poolside feeling left out) and I can't believe how amazing this beta is. All my presets jumped to life, and they were killer already. It literally enhanced every single one, and helped me tweak a couple I was having problems finalizing. Thunk in particular suddenly showed it's tremendous usefulness and power (I just couldn't dial that sucker in before, now it's just magic), and the Triptiks Modern roared back to life after the mid-10s kinda killed it for me.

HUGE kudos to Cliff on this one. Many many thanks.

I was quite intrigued by the recent Boutique amps blind listening test that Guitarist magazine recently did. They managed to guess wrong on several of the amps, even with their expert ears, and the conclusion was that it was easier to pick a favourite when actually playing than it was listening to somebody else play through them. In essence, the amp itself didn't matter to the listener, only the player. If the player gets the 'feel' they want from their amp/speaker then they'll play better, which benefits the listener. So we can draw from this that the 'feel' plays a huge part in it.

I agree totally. In fact im pretty sure I could barely guess amps correctly in a blind test HOWEVER, if I got to play amps in a blind test then I feel confident enough to pick them out because of the feel.

Back
Top Bottom