Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

turn down the bass?

No, not bass, there is too much mids like in FW10 with pressed button "fat" and sound is brighter. The most unpleasant thing is that all presets I opened in FW11 have been deleted after downgrading to FW10 back. Then I updated it to FW11 again and now there is no presets I have opened in downgraded FW10.
At all sound becomes more bright and "righter" but all my old presets with mixed 2 amps+2 cabs sounds very ugly now.

No, not bass, there is too much mids like FW10 with pressed button "fat" and sound is brighter. The most unpleasant thing is that all presets i opened in FW11 are deleted after downgrading to FW10 back and when I updated again to FW11 there is no presets I opened in downgraded FW10 :))))
At all sound become more bright and "righter" but all my old presets with mixed 2 amps+2 cabs sounds very ugly now.

You used Axe-Edit. That is a serious no-no with V11. It will wreck your presets and they won't sound correct.

No, not bass, there is too much mids like FW10 with pressed button "fat" and sound is brighter. The most unpleasant thing is that all presets i opened in FW11 are deleted after downgrading to FW10 back and when I updated again to FW11 there is no presets I opened in downgraded FW10 :))))
At all sound become more bright and "righter" but all my old presets with mixed 2 amps+2 cabs sounds very ugly now.

that's what happened to me too (the deleted presets) we've got to do back ups before we upgrade.
Lesson learned the hard way for me...again (not the first time I rushed in and upgraded without doing a back up)

Am I the first to notice how much smaller the V11 firmware is to all the previous V10's ?

How come its so much smaller and still sounds awesome ? That's a hell of a lot of code to lose

Cliff must have created a wormhole :)

I officially give this a rating of "tripping balls"...I own a Friedman HBE and have loved it all along. I have even liked the older HBE sims for what they were. Still cool, but this is a new level for sure.

Finally the warmth and fizzy crunch of the original amp is here even with full amp/cab sim through my studio monitors! Wow this really is a first...

Do you want to sell that Friedmand HBE? :)

...turn down the bass... So FW10 "mimics" the real amps or FW11? Was it, will ever the tone controls be the same as on the real amps? I just don't get, why the tone controls can not be consistent through firmwares... I know, it's beta...

the knobs can be accurate, but all the stuff after it ("tubes" architecture, gain staging, resistors etc) are the things changing now, which will still affect the overall amount of bass you hear, for example.

So it's not about real amps anymore, let's say, it's a step forward? To be honest, I felt an urge to revert back to FW10.12 in 5 minutes of testing FW11. I guess I will wait for the final release of FW11.

Installed and used briefly. Can't say I've yet noticed a big difference in tone but FW11b was stable and Axe-Edit 1.9b seemed to work ok. I'd definitely take it to practice and maybe to a gig. Will do more testing in the next few days.

The rate of FW development is astonishing. I can never keep presets up to date but that is a good problem to have. +1 on the request for new banks. Also +1 on the request for more practical presets and less esoteric presets that show off the amazing capabilities of the Axe-FX but generally aren't that usable. Also, put the weird ones towards the end and vice versa. For example, Sweet Child and Mark Day should be within first 50 patches.

Am I the first to notice how much smaller the V11 firmware is to all the previous V10's ?

How come its so much smaller and still sounds awesome ? That's a hell of a lot of code to lose

Cliff must have created a wormhole :)

It's because the pdf's (release notes, etc.) aren't included yet.

Why do I read lots of "I used Axe-Edit and it works ok with FW11" lines here? CAN'T YOU READ AND RESPECT THE WARNINGS? MUST I ALWAYS SCREAM?
It does NOT work, even if it LOOKS as if it would! DAMN!

You used Axe-Edit. That is a serious no-no with V11. It will wreck your presets and they won't sound correct.

Cliff:

Until next Axe Edit is released that is compatible, could we use the Axe Manage program within Axe Edit v 1.9 to simply create a blank bank with the default amp and cab in 127 slots, but then shut it down and do all other things from the front of the box and use "save" from front panel? Then use Fractal Bot to save the bank when down or specific presets?

I'm asking this really for forum users...

I find it so responsive and pure that I cant change patches.I'm totally stuck on one of my own creations and it is what I've been chasing for decades! This is with out a doubt The best piece of gear I've ever purchased in the last 35 years! And I believe the best firmware upgrade ever! I need to know 2 things,dont use axe edit with this 11 version and how can I upload cliffs patch without axe edit? You totally killed it this time Cliff! I may never upgrade firmware again as this is as good as it gets for my tone chasing!

Cliff:

Until next Axe Edit is released that is compatible, could we use the Axe Manage program within Axe Edit v 1.9 to simply create a blank bank with the default amp and cab in 127 slots, but then shut it down and do all other things from the front of the box and use "save" from front panel? Then use Fractal Bot to save the bank when down or specific presets?

I'm asking this really for forum users...

Great question!

I have just realised that I should have been practicing the set tonight...

but I've actually spent the whole evening noodling and goofing around...
don't time just fly when you're upsetting the whole street....

a seriously unproductive night... oops...
but a massively fun one...

Just tested beta 11 with my set up: tube peavey amp and 2 2x12 dragoon.
Absolutely the Best firmware
My Marshall, friedman and recto patches I use live sound even better then 10
Also clean patches sound great, rich, warm and bass definition is great...
So happy with my axe :) :)
Thanks Clif

@Cliff/FAS: Thank you for the new pickups!

WTH? Well I usually used the bridge HB, the neck SC and the bridge plus the middle SC all the time, these are the better positions on my JTV Variax-69.
But the middle SC alone and the middle SC plus neck SC rarely did it for me, somehow too thin, too hard, too cold, wrong mids, whatever.
(I always play the mag PUs, it's a Variax because of the good acoustic sim).

Today we had rehearse and we played around 20 or more songs of our list because we have the next gig on sunday.
I used FW11b...(and will use it for the gig)
And what? All positions of the pickup switch sounded good!!! Big surprise, it had never been that way with any earlier FW from 4 to 10.
I played a lot of the cleans with the middle SC alone, it sounds awesome now. Round and warmer, not cold, not harsh.
The guitar's vol pot reacts different now, bigger good sounding range now.

I don't know why and I don't understand how, all I can say is that it FW11 is an awesome surprise for me. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom