Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

SUCCESS.... 7th time was the charm lol

Uninstalled Axe drivers, and fractal bot, rebooted pc, reinstalled everything and it worked.

Sounds/feels a lot more dynamic now is my first impression! I had an KPA that I just ended up returning because while it sounded good, the Axe just worked better for my needs with more flexible routings, dedicated controller, more effects etc. The KPA did have some pretty nice playing dynamics though which is the one thing that was really tempting me to keep it (finally got it shipped off this evening in fact!) but now I feel I've got that again.

Playing the VH present, its just so dynamic to your picking and the volume pot. Previously, with some fairly strong humbuckers I'd getting pretty much the same tone/drive with the volume pot from about 3-10. Now however, I'm finding the whole range of the pot is usable, just like a nice germanium fuzz pedal, and there really is a wide range of breakup you can play around with just by varying the volume pot a little and adjusting your pick attack.

Very cool! Only downside is that I'm still sitting here with my guitar in my lap rather than getting to bed but its just so much fun to play now

That's like buying a Ferrari for the headlights, man. :)

Try it. You never know what you'll find down that rabbit hole!

trust me, i'm extremely happy with my rig as it is and the size, weight and portibility is perfect for the gigs that i do in the NYC area. i have one of the best amps on the planet (a redplate blackloop) and a great effects processor (the axe fx II). i have no interest in FRFR enclosures and i'm certainly not hauling a tube power amp and extra cabinets up and down 4 flights of stairs every time i have a gig or a session

How are people getting the preset to load with the bot? I have tried twice and can't seem to get it to store.

The BOT just places it in the edit buffer.

Scroll to a preset you wish to overwrite. Send the preset with the BOT. Then on the front panel click on STORE then ENTER then ENTER and it will be stored.

The BOT just places it in the edit buffer.

Scroll to a preset you wish to overwrite. Send the preset with the BOT. Then on the front panel click on STORE then ENTER then ENTER and it will be stored.

Humm... did that and all it did was wipe out the preset that was there. The Bot shows 79% compleet stops gives the message to store hit OK and nothing.

Humm... did that and all it did was wipe out the preset that was there. The Bot shows 79% compleet stops gives the message to store hit OK and nothing.

Yes, the bot's progress bar doesn't go to 100% when loading patches. It's a known bug. But rest assured the patch is on your unit, in the edit buffer. You can start playing it, or hit SAVE - ENTER - ENTER on the front of the unit to save it to the location.

Yes, the bot's progress bar doesn't go to 100% when loading patches. It's a known bug. But rest assured the patch is on your unit, in the edit buffer. You can start playing it, or hit SAVE - ENTER - ENTER on the front of the unit to save it to the location.

Negative, the preset that was there is no longer. I have nothing but a blank grid in the slot I selected.

1. Go to a preset location on the II you don't mind overwriting.
2. Send the preset with the BOT. (There is a bug with the BOT where it finishes but the status bar only shows 80%)
3. Before hitting "OK" on the BOT go to the front panel and click on STORE button.
4. Click "ENTER" (just below the value knob) two times to store the preset to the current location.
5. Click OK on the BOT screen.

The preset should now be stored on the II.

Wow, grabbed my strat and switches over to a DR model and holy smokes, the overall dynamics, feel and bounce of the tone is just out of this world! It just responds so much more like a real driven 6v6 amp. Previously I always thought the cleaner models felt a bit like a blanket was over the speakers, or they had a bit of latency, just never really matched that feeling of the amp at your feet and being plugged straight in. The tonal changes reflected by pickup position is really reflected by the models now as well. Prior I also felt some of the models didn't really let me hear the differences in positions such as 2 and 4, but now you really have a wide range of distinct tonal options from each guitar.

Never really got the "amp in room" feel before, and now even late at night through some studio monitors I'd swear there was a 12" open back BF amp in here with me.

If people though F/W 10 was a big deal, 11 is just going to blow minds

1. Go to a preset location on the II you don't mind overwriting.
2. Send the preset with the BOT. (There is a bug with the BOT where it finishes but the status bar only shows 80%)
3. Before hitting "OK" on the BOT go to the front panel and click on STORE button.
4. Click "ENTER" (just below the value knob) two times to store the preset to the current location.
5. Click OK on the BOT screen.

The preset should now be stored on the II.

Yes... I have done this three times now with the same result. All it has accomplished is erasing the preset I scrolled to over write. There is nothing in the grid or on the front panel, name amp type just the number of the preset.

Ok that's what I thought. I tried a few other presets with earlier firmware versions and it worked fine, thanks for the conformation Cobbler ;).

Sorry I missed that post. It makes total sense if you think about it. There are a couple new parameters in v11 that Cliffs demo preset accessed. V10 would not recognize them.

As I said I figured out the last piece of the puzzle. It has taken me five years to solve this. I've worked on it and worked on it and could never figure it out. Then one morning I fell off the toilet while hanging a clock and hit my head on the sink...

I don't think I'm going to say much in the release notes about what I did. This is one of those things that I have to keep secret.

Avatar Changed. Keep your head safe!!

toiletclock.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom