Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

Funny how you now say "No shit I hosed myself genius" when just a few pages earlier you complained " I Just Got Hosed out of the last 3 days of dialed in patches that I really liked".

Sounds like you were clearly blaming someone other than yourself dude........
believe me it was very clear to me that I jumped too quick on this without making a current back up

Not really one to jump on bandwagons, but there are clearly some beneficial tonal enhancements with FW 11 ... Without changing any of my presets' settings, I noticed more space/separation in effects, more depth and structure to basic amp tones, and overall more volume (if that's possible). I'm not deep into the "technicals" related to the Axe so I'm probably not making much sense in that regard, but my II is a more tactile tool now - more of an extension of my guitar and fingers. Thanks, FAS!

IMHO that would be really useful as we have now not only a ton more of amps but also new parameters compared to when the presets were last updated (which is really, really cool).

I'd much rather have additional straight forward patches with the new amps (like in the first half of bank A) than some of the esoteric, rather strange patches in banks B and C that are more of a show what one can do with effects and not being that useful really.

I always find the straight forward factory patches a good and reliable way to start exploring.

Yeah, I'd love to see all the amps in bank A. Doesn't matter what's beyond that to me but I want to be able to dial to an amp without having to create it and save it.

I hd just finished the FW10.12 amp bank.
So now I can start with the FW11 beta amp bank.
And I think I'll propably like more amps than I did before.
Cliff, if you ever run out of ideas, just let me know and I'll fly over and hit you over the head with a clock myself.
At no expense.
And I might bring chocolates.
Jawadedadde godfermiljaar kust nu me klootn as they say in Ostend
This is one hell of an update.

I've noticed , better highs ,and clearer lows as many of you have, but seems like something in the mids has changed that contributes to that! For me there's been a low mid thing I've struggled with on several amps when increasing mids, that adding treble or presence or other tweaks that I just couldn't completely get to satisfactory, seems to be gone now! raising mid, treble, presence all have very pleasing results!!!! FW 11 Is incredible!!!!

For those guys who have the actual amps, how does the Axe compare now with this firmware? If before, it sounds very similar, is it different now? Better? In what ways?

<---- Avatar updated !!

Man, I don't usually gush over firmware updates, but this one definitely has something special going on. I just pulled up the stock 5153 Red preset and could not stop playing. It sounds and feels pretty much just like my actual 5153 head.

Just curious - has the gain structure changed in firmware 11? In prior versions I would typically use a drive in front of the 5153 for a bit of additional gain. I found this unnecessary with the beta, as the 5153 Red in 11 has all the drive and definition I need. Killer, killer, killer!

Thanks Cliff and all at FAS!

<---- Avatar updated !!

Man, I don't usually gush over firmware updates, but this one definitely has something special going on. I just pulled up the stock 5153 Red preset and could not stop playing. It sounds and feels pretty much just like my actual 5153 head.

Just curious - has the gain structure changed in firmware 11? In prior versions I would typically use a drive in front of the 5153 for a bit of additional gain. I found this unnecessary with the beta, as the 5153 Red in 11 has all the drive and definition I need. Killer, killer, killer!

Thanks Cliff and all at FAS!

The gain is the same but it will feel like it has more gain because the gain is attack dependent. The harder you dig in the more "gain" you get.

I've nothing new to add to what's been said of v.11 beta so far. I just thought I'd post to say that the changes sound and feel great! I'm really enjoying v.11b :)

Thanks for posting the beta Cliff!

Yeah, it is hard for me to hear a dramatic difference in the actual tone (In my couple hour test yesterday into studio monitors), but I can definitely feel a difference. I would say that the gain and bass drives harder based on how hard I attack the strings. Reminds me of a highly dynamic tube head (Like a VHT) in that regard.... It is hard to explain, but I will just say "Yeah, it sounds better" :D

Have....to go.....home...now!!! Must.....try!!!
Damn, I am following this thread since it started and every single comment makes me want to try it more and more. Stop teasing me! hahaha
Tomorrow I have a day off work and definitely have to try that update. I'll be posting a heavy Clip, when I'm satisfied :eagerness:.
Thank you for all your work Cliff and FAS!

The gain is the same but it will feel like it has more gain because the gain is attack dependent. The harder you dig in the more "gain" you get.

it's like going into an ice cream store and being told "the harder you bite the more chocolatey it gets"
you're just gonna bite 'till your teeth snap ain't ya...

Loaded the 11beta in and played for 3 hours with the biggest grin on my face. No issues and all my existing patches sounded even better. I even edited a couple of patched with AE 1.9 with no issues. Thanks Cliff. You are a genius!

Back
Top Bottom