Get ready for more Ownhammer

The Wave files will be useful if you'd like to use a DAW to render your speaker impulses.

Terry.

I like having the option of the Wave files as well, never known what future IR loaders etc there might be. Its easy to convert to Fractal formats, but you obviously can't use Fractal format .sys or .IR with anything else, so of the two options I'd go with Waves and convert them myself

Got 'em last night. What a deal - $25 for all this! So far I'm very partial to the OH Green blend and the Skunk Stripe. The Jensens make the Fenders really come alive too. This pack is certainly a must-have - if you can't find something in this variety that sounds good to your ears then your best bet is to sell your AF2 and get an amp! Kevin, you really outdid yourself on this one!

Which zip file do I want for files without any MPT processing? 48-mono or Fractal?

Edit: I found inside the PDF that this cab pack has both raw and MPT versions of the impulses but can't find clarification on where exactly to find the raw files.

Last edited:
Glad to hear so many getting on with the library! Thanks for the kind words, all! :)

Just getting ready to load them into my Axe XL+ but can't decide on which file types to load, MPT or RAW? I will be mixing 2 cab blocks together in the XL so I'm assuming MPT, but I'm confused about the manual PDF text that says RAW are "likely provide the ‘best’ sound quality over minimum phase transformed files" when mixing in Plugin form...
So would you recommend MPT for the Axe, and RAW for plugins?
Which file types are you guys loading to your Axe vs your DAW in Cablab or other Plugin hosts?
I know these IR's will be game changers for me, always amazed at how incredible Kevin's IRs sound!
Thanks Kevin!
I will be mixing with other (older) Ownhammer packs. Any other info on this? Also, in Cablab should I select "Min Phase" and "Auto Trim"? Still confused on when we should and when we shouldn't use Min Phase...
Thanks.

For some of the previous libraries I've aligned things to a time of flight of 1.67 ms, however I can't remember off hand which they are (for example, the "Essentials" may be like this, but I'm not sure if it is all of them). With the V3 libraries, the non 4x12's are aligned to this same offset, but not the 4x12's. If you are mixing these with files from libraries other than this one or the non-4x12 V3 OH libraries, I'd recommend MPT'ing everything unless you want to spend time manually aligning things to ballpark with the impulse response plot in Cab Lab 3, then fine tuning the offset by ear. For me, in the DAW, in Cab Lab 3 I just use these on a group bus instance, and select "None" in the processing pull down, I think it sounds noticeably best this way.

I just used the wav files in the fractal.zip and converted. I didnt check the min phase or trim button in cab lab when I did it? What is the way I should be doing it for best results?

That's my opinion of the best way to use these, yup!

Just bought it and gives me all these options to download. Obviously i download the "fractal zip" but what about the other ones that have the "wav 48,88 & 96-mono or stereo" under the two notes zip file. Do i download those as well?

I'd only mess with the other Wav zips if you are planning to use these outside of the Axe-Fx in DAW sessions of various sample rates. Most loaders will SRC files to the appropriate rate of the session, but sometimes external dedicated high quality SRC pre-processing sound better than doing it with live audio.

Which zip file do I want for files without any MPT processing? 48-mono or Fractal?

Edit: I found inside the PDF that this cab pack has both raw and MPT versions of the impulses but can't find clarification on where exactly to find the raw files.

The Fractal.zip has 200 ms 48 kHz mono non-MPT'd files and would be what you want - ideal for use in Cab Lab 3 and then conversion to .syx/.ir if you want to use them in the cab block.

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks again everybody!!!

This is one of those times when I LOVE saying I told you so.

When I started this thread, I'd only had a chance to mess around with a few of the mixes and speakers. I spent some more time today, making my own mixes in CL3, and trying a bit of the room and even "rear of cabinet" positions.

This cabinet sounds fantastic. Not too big, not small, a little bit of wood...just great! And I'm using the condenser mic where I wasn't before; that Gefell is a wonderful mic, and it doesn't sound brittle like so many condensers do.

The thing that is most striking to me is that I can choose something based on the description, and once you get what Kevin is describing, it makes for a pretty predictable set of choices; the only thing that changes is the speaker itself. And the speakers sound like I expect them to.

Most versatile cab pack I've heard so far, by a serious long shot. For $49, it's a genuine bargain. Really great work, Kevin!

This is one of those times when I LOVE saying I told you so.

When I started this thread, I'd only had a chance to mess around with a few of the mixes and speakers. I spent some more time today, making my own mixes in CL3, and trying a bit of the room and even "rear of cabinet" positions.

This cabinet sounds fantastic. Not too big, not small, a little bit of wood...just great! And I'm using the condenser mic where I wasn't before; that Gefell is a wonderful mic, and it doesn't sound brittle like so many condensers do.

The thing that is most striking to me is that I can choose something based on the description, and once you get what Kevin is describing, it makes for a pretty predictable set of choices; the only thing that changes is the speaker itself. And the speakers sound like I expect them to.

Most versatile cab pack I've heard so far, by a serious long shot. For $49, it's a genuine bargain. Really great work, Kevin!

i like the condenser WAY more than the ribbon...

Was having a hard time finding the right IR for the Splawn Nitro before this pack. Now, Governor with dynamic mic equals amazing tone. Did I say that I love this pack already? Ha ha!

The Fractal.zip has 200 ms 48 kHz mono non-MPT'd files and would be what you want - ideal for use in Cab Lab 3 and then conversion to .syx/.ir if you want to use them in the cab block.

Thank you kindly! Is the wav zip then raw files with the 500 ms length?

Jvstrat said:
I just used the wav files in the fractal.zip and converted. I didnt check the min phase or trim button in cab lab when I did it? What is the way I should be doing it for best results?

That's my opinion of the best way to use these, yup!

Sorry, this threw me off and now I'm confused. Jvstrat didn't check MPT, so you mean best when only using one IR (cab block), right? If running a preset with 2 cab blocks or for potentially mixing IRs from various sources via CL3, wouldn't you recommend using MPT when converting the files in fractal.zip across the board? Honestly, I'm not trying to debate, I'm just asking. Thanks in advance.

When you only use OH IRs from the latest Multi-Speaker library, you don't need to check MPT or Trim in Cab-Lab when converting the files.
This applies to using a single IR and to mixing IRs, from that library.

However, if you want to mix IRs from the Multi-Speaker library with IRs from OTHER sources, you need to convert the OH IRs and apply MPT.

When you only use OH IRs from the latest Multi-Speaker library, you don't need to check MPT or Trim in Cab-Lab when converting the files.

However, if you want to mix IRs from the Multi-Speaker library with IRs from OTHER sources, you need to convert the OH IRs and apply MPT.

Thank you. This was indeed my assumption, but just making sure.

Really dig this 2x12. As noted...it just sits right and I love the MSC mics and mixes. I particularly like the SP2 mix as others have noted. What other cabs will get MSC'd? I guess some of this has to do with if the financial model works for OH. I bought in. Hopefully a lot of others did too.

Sorry for the delay, the last couple weeks I've had some unexpected high priority personal things to sort through - lots of OwnHammer emails I need to catch up on this weekend. :)

Thank you kindly! Is the wav zip then raw files with the 500 ms length?

The Wav zips have both 200 ms and 500 ms files, mpt and raw. They are, for all intents and purposes, the "parent" file containers.

Really dig this 2x12. As noted...it just sits right and I love the MSC mics and mixes. I particularly like the SP2 mix as others have noted. What other cabs will get MSC'd? I guess some of this has to do with if the financial model works for OH. I bought in. Hopefully a lot of others did too.

Thankfully enough supported this effort to warrant a couple more libraries at a minimum. If each does relatively as much, it will keep funding the next project, and so on. Fingers crossed and VERY thankful to everyone who picked up the last library. You guys rock, and are the reason things like this are possible! :)

Next up is "AMPG BASS" - an SVT 4x10 and AVT 2x10 in a single collection, 5 different speakers in each, similarly scaled down options (ideal mics and mic placements) with a few very cool and very handy voicing options. I basically went through the menagerie of data collected in the 'V3 BASS' development and tossed all the excessive and unnecessary options (mics and positions that just sound 'meh'). I've already started on this, so, it's definitely happening. After that is the 4x12 Marshall checkerboard library. Similarly, if those do well enough to keep this going, following (in no particular order) will be a few 10" libraries, more Marshalls, Mesas, Voxes, Fenders, Bogners, then all the more obscure stuff I and a friend have in our armies of gear.

Thanks again so much everybody, hope everyone is still enjoying the library! :)

Did the OH-Djent ever make it out!?

That is a part of the recently released Multi-Speaker Collection library, yes, and an exclusive value add to that series of sampling projects. I won't be doing that in the V3 Mix Libraries, but just for the Multi-Speaker Collection libraries. :)

Thankfully enough supported this effort to warrant a couple more libraries at a minimum. If each does relatively as much, it will keep funding the next project, and so on. Fingers crossed and VERY thankful to everyone who picked up the last library. You guys rock, and are the reason things like this are possible! :)

...following (in no particular order) will be a few 10" libraries

Awesome. Great to hear!

I'm excited about the 10" series. I used to own a Carr Rambler combo with two 10" Kingpin speakers. I wish I never would have gotten rid of it.

Hopefully I can get something similar to the Kingpins with your upcoming stuff because, as you know, we already have the Rambler in the Axe-Fx. [emoji41]

Am i ok if I am using the 200 Ms wav files that are in the MPT folder to convert into Ultrares using CabLab 2?
Or do i miss something by not doing this in CabLab3 and "checking" the MPT "check box"?

Back
Top Bottom