Get ready for more Ownhammer

SeeD, great demo.

What a great device it is, the Axe-Fx, in combination with great IRs. Growl, kerrang, thunk, thump, crazy words but you can hear them all.

Preach it, brother! :encouragement:

I just hope OwnHammer will survive the latest onslaught of the trials it has been experiencing as of late. The IR world would be extremely depleted without Kevin's product.

Last edited:
I’ll just chime in with everyone else to express my gratitude for these. OH-GREEN-SP2 with the Dirty Shirley is my favourite so far.

I also love the format of just a couple of mic’s in one (the best) position and then a few different mixes. It suits me perfectly since I never take the time to go through 15 different mic positions to find something I prefer over the rest anyway. The SP2 mixes are my favourite but I have only been playing at home so far but they sound great.

The OH Green Mixes really made my eyes widen beyond normality... by about 20 dB or so. :lol Seriously... killer mix files if you're a lover of greenback tones.

hi all, i can now chime on this 2x12 marsch cab as I bought it this morning.
Straight to the results: excellent, great job Kevin!
I made some tests and a first selection of Irs as I just have an afx2 !
As i did with many older OH hires & Ures I go directly to SP2 mixes.
Around the Chunck Green Modern Texas Modern but also some unique drivers as Pr20 H Bb 55. Etc I really appreciate the tne quality, all tone differences etc. All these Irs sounds very full and can be used with no doubt As an alternative to a 4-12 cab
A great buy , whats more for a price ! All due respect Kevin for your work quality.

I just used the wav files in the fractal.zip and converted. I didnt check the min phase or trim button in cab lab when I did it? What is the way I should be doing it for best results?

Didn't make it past the 74 HG IRs last night... after converting with CL2 I looped with Alex's AxSend in a Ruby Rocket preset. Tooooo easy! Again, more than a bargain especially with the frequency discount. Very satisfied.

The OH Green Mixes really made my eyes widen beyond normality... by about 20 dB or so. [emoji38] Seriously... killer mix files if you're a lover of greenback tones.
Okay, I'm going to go buy these now. I've been looking for an IR similar to the Splawn cabs loaded with Splawn Small Block speakers. Hopefully I find what I'm looking for. [emoji41]

I just used the wav files in the fractal.zip and converted. I didnt check the min phase or trim button in cab lab when I did it? What is the way I should be doing it for best results?

I'm using the 'RAW' files, but still confused on the above as well, and how they relate to Ownhammer V3 and the new 'Multi-Speaker Collection...Can someone please clarify? I'm using mostly OH-V3 and now of course OH-MSC(Multi-Speaker Collection). So stoked, these are great times, aren't they?!!

Okay, I'm going to go buy these now. I've been looking for an IR similar to the Splawn cabs loaded with Splawn Small Block speakers. Hopefully I find what I'm looking for.

There are lots of "greenback/blackback" flavors to choose from. IMO... all of them are great sounding and at the same time, unique unto themselves. You should be able to find what you're looking for.

I figured I would give a quick demonstration of these awesome cabs for all the metal heads out there. I'm currently recording this song, so I figured it would be a good chance to test out Fractal's new fw 19 beta (awesome by the way) and the new Ownhammer cabs. For those wondering, this guitar sound isn't completely the new 2x12, as my philosophy was I wanted something with the "note clarity" of the 2x12 but the "airy" quality of a 4x12. Took me awhile to experiment in Cablab, but I think I found something I really like. Anyway I took the bass out so you could just hear the guitar, then smashed the hell out of it with a limiter haha. Otherwise, I just high and lowpassed the guitars and panned them hard L and R.

https://soundcloud.com/shredder3386/massive-riff

Warning: Lower your speakers/ear buds first or it will catch you off guard

Anyway I took the bass out so you could just hear the guitar, then smashed the hell out of it with a limiter haha.

Yeah. I can definitely tell you did that. The guitars are fizzy and brittle. They're being pushed upfront by your limiter, but at the expense of sounding harsh. If you feel like you must use limiting on distorted guitars, then use very very little. My advice: Saturation. It works wonders on distorted guitars. You get the control without the harshness. Plus, it tends to fatten them up too.

Yeah. I can definitely tell you did that. The guitars are fizzy and brittle. They're being pushed upfront by your limiter, but at the expense of sounding harsh. If you feel like you must use limiting on distorted guitars, then use very very little. My advice: Saturation. It works wonders on distorted guitars. You get the control without the harshness. Plus, it tends to fatten them up too.

Awesome, thanks I'll have to try that out. I wouldn't normally use a limiter for that purpose (usually staged compression on the master buss) but I just wanted this test to be loud so people wouldn't have to crank their speakers. I guess I didn't think about what the limiter would do to the tone overall. I'll add it again later without the crushing, thanks dude.

Anyone who might (for whatever reason) be on the fence about purchasing these, please don't hesitate. They are already a deal at $49. At $25 (for two more days!!!), it's a downright steal. Then, add to that Kevin's substantial loyalty discount, and this is a no-brainer purchase.

Our support of high-quality 3rd party IRs is essential to their ongoing development.

Just bought it and gives me all these options to download. Obviously i download the "fractal zip" but what about the other ones that have the "wav 48,88 & 96-mono or stereo" under the two notes zip file. Do i download those as well?

From the Fractal folder, use CL2 or 3 to convert.. and enjoy !
For those who didn't, buy that great pack ! the more I use it the more love it.
I made an X/Y cab with 4*12 and 2*12 marcsh type and it great to change texture/tone into that territory

Just bought it and gives me all these options to download. Obviously i download the "fractal zip" but what about the other ones that have the "wav 48,88 & 96-mono or stereo" under the two notes zip file. Do i download those as well?

The Wave files will be useful if you'd like to use a DAW to render your speaker impulses.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom