Get ready for more Ownhammer

Thanks Yek....

I always thought Cablab could load any resolution file ? I know the Axe itself only works at 48 kHz, but thought once a wave was converted to .sysex it didn't matter. Reason I'm asking is I feel like I converted a bunch of old RedWirez wave files in the past and don't think I used 48 kHz.

If you use something other than the native 48 KHz can it introduce some sort of errors or artifacts etc ?

My answer was aimed at the question: "Is there any advantage to using say a 96kHz over a 48kHz mono file?"
Cab-Lab can load other than 48kHz IRs, but there's no advantage because the Axe-Fx uses the 48kHz ones.

This new multi-speaker pack is really great. Because of its contents, quality and price. It's also easy: one cabinet, with many, many speakers to choose from.

And Scott did a great job with his new mix "SP2". Try them!

For me this kind of package is a lot more appealing than the individual 5$ single ones. I think it's because of the feeling that if I buy the single package I'm more likely to have 'wasted' that 5$ if it doesn't work for me. But with so many good options here there is definitely going to be more useful IRs in sum.

That is, even if the individual IRs cost less here, I'm more likely to actually spend money on it due to the lower 'risk'.

Just for a clarification, as I am a newb with Cab Lab or any other IR mixer for that matter, the stand-alone Cab Lab is what I will need to purchase in order to actively monitor/create/audition Cab/Speaker mixes with the Axe II? I just wanted to make sure I double check this before purchasing the wrong version. I will not be using it for a DAW, just Axe to monitors.

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Just for a clarification, as I am a newb with Cab Lab or any other IR mixer for that matter, the stand-alone Cab Lab is what I will need to purchase in order to actively monitor/create/audition Cab/Speaker mixes with the Axe II? I just wanted to make sure I double check this before purchasing the wrong version. I will not be using it for a DAW, just Axe to monitors.

Same question for me - I'm not really sure how to go about auditioning IRs like in Seeds vid.

Yup that's all you need. Its pretty easy to get up and running, you just load the .ir files from wherever you saved them after download. then mix to taste using the scratchpad. When you find a mix you like send it to your user cab slot, select the cab and bingo....tonal bliss.

Same question for me - I'm not really sure how to go about auditioning IRs like in Seeds vid.

with cab lab 3 convert the IR folder from wave to IR form. then click the browser, select the converted Ir file, select auto audition, select a scratch pad location, then you can go directly to the IR file you want to hear and it sends it to the scratch pad that you choose. when you find some you like then you can drag it to the mixer.

Good Lord....the process has been mind numbing. Mostly because of my experience.
1. Buy Speaker pack (because they sound pretty badass)
2. Buy Cab Lab (I am totally fine up to this point BUT it is need for these files. No problem, I'll ALWAYS support people with a vision like Kevin and Cliff.)
3. Get Ilok
4. Install Pace anti-Piracy? so that I can actually use Ilok (at this point im feeling like I just invited the Chinese hackers into my Culo for a free hack party.)
5. Start back over
6. Locate activation key for Cab Lab to use Speaker pack
7. Activation key cannot be located.
8. Search EVERYWHERE for key in receipts...lol.
9. Re-reading the Neverending Story for any clues....

Dood...I just want to try the IR's because the ones I used before from OH were amazing. $75 deep and none the richer/wiser....But...that light at the end of the tunnel may be small, but it is bright as @#%$.

I've been contemplating Cab Lab3. How many computers is the iLOK licence good for? Can't find any info on that one.

Back
Top Bottom