Get ready for more Ownhammer

Check out the OH "special" mix files. tonight I got to messin' around with the OH Green Mix and the OH G12M Mix files so far in a quick mix. Outstanding !! :)
These IR's are so, "in your face" sounding... raw... and all from a 2x12 no less ! Who knew. :D

I need cab lab to get these into my axe, right?

I'm afraid so. Only wav. files in the newer libraries, (V3 and newer) and I think Kevin is going to be eventually updating all pre-existing libraries to just wav. as well.

Under the "Mixes" on the product page it lists HG MG LG as (High Gain), is that a mistake? My mind is telling me high, mid, and low gain mixes.

I need cab lab to get these into my axe, right?

Into the Axe, yes. If you are recording, any convolution reverb loader will accept them as they are as will any device or software that accepts .wav files.

Under the "Mixes" on the product page it lists HG MG LG as (High Gain), is that a mistake? My mind is telling me high, mid, and low gain mixes.

Just a copy/paste oversight, fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!

This actually makes a ton of sense. Find that great cab that sounds great and just works.

I had one wonderful 2x12 cab all solid pine with tung oil finish, a bass port, and removable back that sounded great with a huge variety of speakers and worked for really all styles.

In fact, I had a nice 1x12 OS solid pine cab with port that also sounded great with nearly any speaker. Both were made TRM cabs, although I assembled and finished them.

FWIW, I'd love to have IRs of the Emery Sound 1x12 and 1x10 mahogany open back cabs I used to have. Bummed that I sold them.

Got off track there...

But yeah, I love this concept, Kevin. I'll be picking it up tonight. Thanks!

Funny you should say this. Last month I commissioned a solid wood 1x10 based off of the Emery. I wanted something with more than mahogany, so I ordered mine to custom size specs using solid mahogany and birdseye maple. It's a thing of beauty, at least to me:

Cab_110_BCSTM_600.jpg

Among other cabs hopefully in line for more 12's, the above 1x10 and my other B Custom (2x10) were gonna be the first ones to get my 10's. We'll see how this first 12 goes. :)

What a treasure for 25$ unbelivable! And with frequency discounts it's even less, little less then 19bux for me. Insane. Thank you Kevin.
I've just noticed, I may be mistaken but it looks like files

OH 212 MAR-66 OH-GREEN DYN.wav
and
OH 212 MAR-66 OH-G12M DYN.wav

are identical, could it be the with one file with different names?
(I use files from Fractal Zip)
here is a screenshot

DLQ1SSA.png

You're very welcome, thanks for picking it up!

- - - - - - - - - -

In this particular case, it is the same file. :)

With the OH mixes, some of them (off the top of my head, OH-CHUNK, OH-DJENT, OH-PROG) have files captured specifically for them and not found elsewhere in the library, however most pull files from the individual speakers to create the pre-made multi-speaker combinations. I include the mics I used for those in the event that somebody else may get results better suited to their source with different mic levels, but still like the combination of speakers involved.

In the example you have in the case of OH-GREEN, you are correct in that I had the DYN file come from the M-BB-55.

Pretty sure I will be picking these up later. Looking forward to some of you guys posting clips later so I can hear some of it to make up my mind.

In this particular case, it is the same file. :)

With the OH mixes, some of them (off the top of my head, OH-CHUNK, OH-DJENT, OH-PROG) have files captured specifically for them and not found elsewhere in the library, however most pull files from the individual speakers to create the pre-made multi-speaker combinations. I include the mics I used for those in the event that somebody else may get results better suited to their source with different mic levels, but still like the combination of speakers involved.

In the example you have in the case of OH-GREEN, you are correct in that I had the DYN file come from the M-BB-55.
Thank you for clarification, I should have guessed it myself :)

Purchased! Could Kevin or anyone point me in the direction of some warmer/darker tones as far as speaker and mix options go?
Do a simple thing, create a separate folder with HG mixes only (of each speaker type), and then you'll be able to find speakers you like fast.

Pretty sure I will be picking these up later. Looking forward to some of you guys posting clips later so I can hear some of it to make up my mind.
I had doubts about hi gains, cause it's 2x12", but my doubts was blown away in the very first second I tried V30 EN 08 (which I used to)
There is no reason to wait, cause IR's are awesome and they're half priced now :)

Do a simple thing, create a separate folder with HG mixes only (of each speaker type), and then you'll be able to find speakers you like fast.

I thought the LG mixes were intended to be darker? The differences between LG/MG/HG seemed subtle based on my quick test so wondered if anyone had an opinion to share until I have more time to explore.

I finally had some time to try some of these new IR's and I have to say that I'm blown away!
The number of options you get with a collection like this combined with the ease of use is just astounding!
Only Kevin could come up with such a great collection of so many different speaker types, it's just crazy!

The package is VERY versatile.
It sounds great for heavy genre's but also really good for clean tones, bluesy type stuff, you name it.
I also love the OH mixes because I like easy to use/mix-ready IR's that sound great straight away so that's a huge bonus.

For now I've been sticking with the HG mixes because I like HG tones but the SP2 mixes also sound really good, very chunky.
If you are a fan of Ownhammer IR's or IR packages in general you would be crazy not to pick these up.
'Nuff said! I'm going to play with these IR's some more!

Bought them directly. Will not have time to mess around with these until late July due to business and holiday trips... I am such a sucker... haha ;)

Back
Top Bottom