Get ready for Cab Pack 9!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
It's going to be out quite "soon" from what I've heard. ;) This time soon is the reality. I wanted everyone to hear what I sounds like beforehand since it's not just another Cab Pack; This one really sound like "Euro". Personally I felt like the Euro amp sims never quite sounded like the most expensive amps out there before I tried these IRs. That Euro Blue Mdrn tone in the end of this clip is really good and it's not a metal tone but a more of a Paramore type crunch. I've never really found that type of a tone from the Axe-Fx before. It's sort of FAS Modernish but more rock than metal.

I'm creating these presets for Cab Pack 9 that are mainly concentrating on different "Euro" tones which I'm demonstrating in this clip.

0:00-0:39 Euro Uber
0:39-1:05 Shiver LD
1:05-1:22 Shiver CLN
1:22... Euro Blue Mdrn
1:42... Euro Red for that improvised solo

I'm also thinking about creating a tweak tutorial because I have my own technique that I think many people might want to use once they see it.

PS. In case you were wondering. I'm using the SV BASS Cab Pack for the bass sound there but just a single SM57 blended in with DI.

Feedback boys and girls! :)

Thank you guys so much for the kind words! This pack is a bit different than CP7 and CP8 tonally so hearing that you guys dig it sets my mind at ease. :)

This pack is definitely "something different". It has more middle frequencies than any cab I've ever shot before (around 500hz ~ also known as the woody tone area) and at the same time it also has a lot of bite higher in the treble area. I think it's voiced specifically for that "Euro" sound.

Cool lick on the end Clark - i like it...:eagerness:

:lol I almost deleted that take because of that ending. I wanted to sweep but the only problem was that the last time I've.. "swept" (?) was most likely 5 years ago so it's sloppier than my stardards would normally allow. It's just crazy how you forget skills. I used to be all about tapping and I was doing 8 finger licks etc. Yesterday I was struggling with the Eruption tapping parts.

It's awesome tone CK, it's clear detail tone, Bud my ears wanted to hear more body on ODs tone ... may be a minimal low on SPEAKER PAGE or Bass dunno may be low cut in cab block, any how loved that !

did you used pre-amp in cab block ?

This cab sounds great . I like the extra bite it has a lot of clarity .

I think you did a wicked job ,Cliff should add one of these as a stock IR for the Bogners like he has for cab pk 7 and 8 ,they are awesome

It's awesome tone CK, it's clear detail tone, Bud my ears wanted to hear more body on ODs tone ... may be a minimal low on SPEAKER PAGE or Bass dunno may be low cut in cab block, any how loved that !

did you used pre-amp in cab block ?

agreed a bit on this i loved the mids and high ,would have liked to hear that mixed with a lil more low end thunk moreso on the UBER

I actually left a lot of room for bass in the mix but in the end I wanted the guitars to be louder to really demo Cab Pack 9 so I bumped them up quite a bit. What you might be hearing is that the bass is too low in the mix which I sort of forgot on purpose. :) The presets are all balanced really well though.

Cliff should add one of these as a stock IR for the Bogners like he has for cab pk 7 and 8 ,they are awesome

Would be even more awesome if everyone just bought it! :lol

Back
Top Bottom