Not a Bug Get output from fx blocks only, no dry signal output.

Nsurround

Inspired
Was playing through headphones the other day and all of a sudden I got a lower volume echoy sound. I changed presets and same thing. After a bit of investigating found that the dry signal was not being output at all, only the fx blocks. If I bypassed these blocks there was no output. I tested again by creating a new preset with only the IN & Out block present and no output. Adding an Amp, Cab and reverb block I would get only the reverb sound and no dry signal. Bypassing the reverb block there was no output at all. I have 5.02 installed and have reset the parameter system but still the same thing. The unit was working fine for a couple of months with 5.02 and then this happened. The I/O and Global settings look normal. I did notice a few minutes before this happened that I all of a sudden got the red warning about CPU overload even though I did not change anything in the preset and preset was working fine before. Any ideas?

It’s the physical connection of your headphones. This is common on many types of gear.

Jiggle the connection at the headphone jack so it seats properly, especially if you’re using a 1/4” adaptor.

It’s the physical connection of your headphones. This is common on many types of gear.

Jiggle the connection at the headphone jack so it seats properly, especially if you’re using a 1/4” adaptor.
Not to be dismissive, but not understanding if it is the connection of the headphones, how is it that I hear the reverb but not the dry sound? Seems to me if it was a connection issue I would not hear either as the fx block(s) chain is before the Out 1 block. However after completely tearing down the rig and connecting it back up this morning, everything including the headphones, the unit is now again working. I am a little stumped about this. Maybe you could explain further your comment as how this could happen and thanks for your reply.

Not to be dismissive, but not understanding if it is the connection of the headphones, how is it that I hear the reverb but not the dry sound? Seems to me if it was a connection issue I would not hear either as the fx block(s) chain is before the Out 1 block. However after completely tearing down the rig and connecting it back up this morning, everything including the headphones, the unit is now again working. I am a little stumped about this. Maybe you could explain further your comment as how this could happen and thanks for your reply.
I don’t know the technical explanation, but this is a very common question here and for other products where you just hear “reverb” and it’s because the headphones aren’t plugged in completely.

Back
Top Bottom