Germany Axe-Fest 2014 review: Axe-Fx vs. Plexi style Amp

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Remembering the story from the Axe vs. real Amp in the PDF from the Axe-Fest Germany Cab-Pack? Well, 8 months later, we have now the video (so, based on FW13) ;)

From minute 2:
Guitar -> A/B Switch:
GREEN: Axe -> [Plexi100jump]-> Matrix GT1000 -> one speaker of stereo 2x12" cabinet (Diezel 2x12" G100K)
RED: Plexi style Reu-O-Grande (german boutique Plexi) -> second speaker of stereo 2x12" cabinet (Diezel 2x12" G100K)

Notice also the Input LEDs from the Axe!

From minute 3.50:
Blind test for the guitarist, ends he judged he playd lastly the actual amp, but it was the Axe-Fx (minute 4.20 ... we have to laugh...)

I thought we have to tweak hardcore advanced for a while, but as you can hear... only some tweaks on the Presence ...

From minute 4.50 Paco starts his in deep view of the Amp Block...

Less than 11 weeks to Germany Axe-Fest 2015. We`ll see what it will bring to the table :)

Last edited:
Amazing they sound the same.

I wish I spoke german so I could understand the discussion of tone stacks at about 16:40.

Amazing they sound the same.

I wish I spoke german so I could understand the discussion of tone stacks at about 16:40.

I Improvised almost everything there, since I had to update my workshop to the current topics at the fest (and a bit less time to prepare myself cause of the events I had regarding my job situation).....I can translate it for you guys, so everyone can take out the bits and bites they want or need....

PS (100% RHOS certificated )

ACB1.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Personally the explanation of the XFormer Match parameter was an eye opener for my personal understanding, what this parameter do in comparison to the real world! Thanks again just for that Paco!

Back
Top Bottom