Implemented GEQ in the Wah Block

Axe-Master
One of my favourite combinations is a Wah followed by a GEQ to get a John Petrucci style wah happening, but having a GEQ built into the wah block would save time adding blocks and assigning extra modifiers to get everything to engage together. The dunlop crybaby rack wah uses a 6 band EQ but i've had great results with the 7 and 10 band GEQ's.

One of my favourite combinations is a Wah followed by a GEQ to get a John Petrucci style wah happening, but having a GEQ built into the wah block would save time adding blocks and assigning extra modifiers to get everything to engage together. The dunlop crybaby rack wah uses a 6 band EQ but i've had great results with the 7 and 10 band GEQ's.

Leon, how do you use the e.q with the wah clock? fixed frequencies or any modifiers or something to enable changes of the e.q together with the wah sweep or…?
Care to share an example?

Thanks.

I think that a way to 'Link' blocks into groups, with a 'Master/Slave' relationship, would be a great way to handle this? They could turn 'on' and 'off' together, change channels together, copy and paste together?, maybe even act as single Global block?, be saved and recalled from the Block Library?

I think that a way to 'Link' blocks into groups, with a 'Master/Slave' relationship, would be a great way to handle this? They could turn 'on' and 'off' together, change channels together, copy and paste together?, maybe even act as single Global block?, be saved and recalled from the Block Library?
Dunno. My gut reaction is that this would create another layer of complexity to something that can already be done with existing tools. I get that it would be convenient to be able to pull up a favorite block combo, but I think that linking their controls would make it easier to introduce conflicts inadvertently.

Dunno. My gut reaction is that this would create another layer of complexity to something that can already be done with existing tools. I get that it would be convenient to be able to pull up a favorite block combo, but I think that linking their controls would make it easier to introduce conflicts inadvertently.
Agreed.. That's why I included question marks in those parts of my post. Could be very difficult to implement?

As far as just 'Linking' them on a per-preset basis for On/Off control, and adding some visual reference (colored dashed lines for each group??) seams more doable?

I would use this.

As far as just 'Linking' them on a per-preset basis for On/Off control, and adding some visual reference (colored dashed lines for each group??) seams more doable?
Maybe. Still a bit scary, but it might work.

Leon, how do you use the e.q with the wah clock? fixed frequencies or any modifiers or something to enable changes of the e.q together with the wah sweep or…?
Care to share an example?

Thanks.

More or less what I did in this video. @Moke the slave/master idea with blocks is a really cool idea, i can see that extending to amp/cab and delay/verb blocks too.

Hmmm, thread shows "Implemented" which means...your wish has fulfilled…?

Hmmm, thread shows "Implemented" which means...your wish has fulfilled…?
Yes : fw 1.16 release notes
"Added 8-band, 2/3 octave graphic equalizer to Wah block. The EQ can be enabled/disabled via the EQ parameter which is also modifiable"

These days Leon has Cliff ears ;)

Back
Top Bottom