Implemented GEQ In The Drive Block

I've been comparing a few real pedals to the modeled versions on the Axe FX III and I've gotten them 95% identical, but I'm missing a little gap that I feel like I could eliminate if I had a GEQ page within the Drive Block. I do realize that I can just add an EQ Block afterwards, but it would be cool to be able to do it all in one block, plus adding an EQ block would also mean an additional block I'd have to switch on and off with the Drive Block unless I'm using scenes.

The Mid boost/cut frequency is very useful, but I've found that sometimes I need to boost a low mid frequency, and then boost another high mid frequency, so I'm limited with just one mid parameter.

You'd likely want the ability to determine where in the circuit the EQ is as it can quite change the tone/response pre/post gain stages in a circuit.

While the idea is fine and good, I think what might be more useful moving forward is the ability to link several blocks together, and utilize that as one super block. This way, you could link an eq block with a drive block for an enhanced drive, or, do something like link a modulation block with a reverb block, so then its a modulated reverb block.

Seems that would give more flexibility to create whatever a user is after, then an ability to quickly recall those combined settings, share them etc

an expanded EQ section within the Drive block is a great idea.

are you thinking of the GEQ we see in the Amp block?
Exactly!! I find that for many Dumble/Klon style drives, there's a lot happening in the low mids, mid mids, and high mids, and just having one Mid control is limiting a little bit!

You'd likely want the ability to determine where in the circuit the EQ is as it can quite change the tone/response pre/post gain stages in a circuit.

While the idea is fine and good, I think what might be more useful moving forward is the ability to link several blocks together, and utilize that as one super block. This way, you could link an eq block with a drive block for an enhanced drive, or, do something like link a modulation block with a reverb block, so then its a modulated reverb block.

Seems that would give more flexibility to create whatever a user is after, then an ability to quickly recall those combined settings, share them etc
Yes!! Determining where it is is a great idea. For example, right now the High Cut and the Low Cut are in different spots, but both are PRE EQ. Sometimes the High Cut is a little more accurate for me than the Treble in the EQ.

Your idea about linking blocks is really cool. When I was looking for a Landau Style tri-chorus, I did wish I could have a GEQ within the chorus block too, so I can see how that would fit well.

A GEQ in the drive block would be really useful- being able to boost or cut certain frequency ranges in a pedal would be an amazing next step in being able to "make" drive pedals that sit in a certain place in a mix. This is a cool idea.

Back
Top Bottom