georgyporgy plays Georgy Porgy

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum.

I've been looking in here for about 2 years (since I decided to buy an Axe) but now I did subscribe because I have one in fact since last Saturday. :mrgreen:

So here's my first recording. It's an rhythm and solo overdub directly to the soundcard over a rehersal recording I did with my band a year or two ago. It's a multitrack recording so I muted the original guitar (it shines through over the overheads from time to time and gives a little mud).

It is not flawless. But I think it does not hurt. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RegQe83XIuY

For those who are in a hurry: Solo is around 2:40. :)

Have fun

Joerg

Doesn't hurt at all, it's a beautiful version, Lukather himself would be proud of it !

I play in a Toto tribute band, lot of tunes, but when it's time to play Porgy, I keep feeling those goosegumps.

You even did the "Paris solo" lol, what kinda amp sim did you use ? Beautiful tone and playing.

Happy Axing, congratulations

Oh sorry,

I forgot:

Rhythm is a Top Boost with a little crunch and a compressor in front. I use the 2x12" Boutique Cab (with the SM57 sim). It is played with the white RG560. PU middle & neck for the glassyness.

Solo is a Treble-Boosted JCM 800 with the 4X12" 75W Cab (with the SM57 sim too). Air and Mic the same as above. It is played with the neck pickup.

No extra EQ only the preamps.

THX for the kind words. :) We always wanted to found a Toto Cover Band. We didn't made it, but we play some Toto tunes. We tried to come close to the Paris version, it is a real goosebump version (Jeff Porcaro, your grooves live on!!)

Best regards

Joerg

Your video shows as 'Private'. I also play that Paris solo, it's a kickass solo, learned it by ear so I don't think there is any tabs of it.

Back
Top Bottom