George Lynch w/ Fractal gear on stage last night?

Chris Hurley

Power User
I went to see Lynch Mob last night since (a) Lynch is one of the main reasons I started playing guitar, (b) it was affordable, (c) I've never seen GL and I doubt I will ever have a chance to see them again.

It was a great show- I was surprised at how good the vocals sounded. The drummer and bassist helped the lead singer more than a little which left him in better shape to last through the show without blowing out. Lynch was Lynch- improvising and all over the place. Cool stuff if you like his style.

The interesting thing was the range of amps on stage... When I walked up, imagine my surprise to see an MFC on the floor. There were still real mic'd up amps, so I wasn't sure if the fractal was just for effects or what.

Well, it turns out that there were two other bands playing that night and one of the guitarists for the opening act brought his Axe-FX II to the show so he wouldn't have to drag real amps. Nice guy, great player and great tone but it was kinda disappointing that it wasn't George's stuff.

heh. I guess I jumped to conclusions. :)

George is a definitive gear whore. The only thing we know for sure is that when it comes to amps he will switch almost every year, he's directly or indirectly endorsed half of the brands you can name. His loyalty to ESP is the only thing that stays in fashion with him most years.

His loyalty to his tan and muscles has been pretty faithful too. I also found it funny on That Metal Show how he and Don were coached to say their fights were all made up publicity stunts.

Never doubt the power of Fractal! I met Lynch in 2011 in the finals for the Steve Vai best in shred contest and we almost gave him a ride home. My friend bummed a cigarette off of him and he was super cool about it.

George is a definitive gear whore. The only thing we know for sure is that when it comes to amps he will switch almost every year, he's directly or indirectly endorsed half of the brands you can name. His loyalty to ESP is the only thing that stays in fashion with him most years.

hes been with randall for a while now. and seems to be going strong with them.

I saw him last year. His tone was not great, but his playing was awesome. Maybe an AxeFx would do him good?

Back
Top Bottom