George Lynch "Mr. Scary" Tone Match

Very cool patch, I have a couple that are very close to this, when I learn how to dump mine on here, Ill send you them. I am fairly new so I just learned to receive patches last night. Great tube tone and clarity with alot of good clean distortion A+ brother!!

Thanks! I'm sure we'll all have to redo everything when 10.0 comes out. :)

Excellent patch Romanianreaper!! I,ve been loving this patch since you post it. Best Dokken patch i,ve tested. It is one of my main patches, but i upgraded to fw 10 and it does not sound as good as before. I, ll be very thankfull if you could do a v10 of this patch.

Thanks

Excellent patch Romanianreaper!! I,ve been loving this patch since you post it. Best Dokken patch i,ve tested. It is one of my main patches, but i upgraded to fw 10 and it does not sound as good as before. I, ll be very thankfull if you could do a v10 of this patch.

Thanks

Thanks man! Appreciate it. Right now, I'm in the same boat as you. :) I want to do a patch again but need to get the "Tone Match" function working properly first. I'm getting this hollow, weird tone so a bunch of us are hoping we can figure out what is wrong. I'll definitely try to get one done as soon as possible. I love it as well!

Thanks man! Appreciate it. Right now, I'm in the same boat as you. :) I want to do a patch again but need to get the "Tone Match" function working properly first. I'm getting this hollow, weird tone so a bunch of us are hoping we can figure out what is wrong. I'll definitely try to get one done as soon as possible. I love it as well!

Same problem here. Was matching Lynch's tone on 'Night By Night' off of Back For The Attack, and I got that weird issue with the Tone Match that you are talking about. I guess I need to do a quick search for those threads.

Romanianreaper,

I just want to thank you for doing this patch! I have been trying to re-create the classic Lynch solo tone for years, but have been failing miserably. This is the BEST Lynch patch I have ever heard!

YES!!!!!

Romanianreaper,

I just want to thank you for doing this patch! I have been trying to re-create the classic Lynch solo tone for years, but have been failing miserably. This is the BEST Lynch patch I have ever heard!

YES!!!!!

Good to hear man! I barely ever check the "Tone Match" section and just saw your message. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get Tone Match to work right since then so haven't done a new one. Glad you are enjoying it!

Good to hear man! I barely ever check the "Tone Match" section and just saw your message. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get Tone Match to work right since then so haven't done a new one. Glad you are enjoying it!

I've tried to turn your tone match into a user cab, but it didn't work. Sounds awful. Maybe a new tone match at a better resolution would help.

What part and recording of Mr.Scary did you sample from?

Hmmm... My tone matches so far still don't sound as good as yours. You did you tone match from a you tube recording? Why is your tone match so different and better?

Hmmm... My tone matches so far still don't sound as good as yours. You did you tone match from a you tube recording? Why is your tone match so different and better?

My Tone Match was done with an older firmware (version 9 I believe). I have not been able to successfully Tone Match anything since that time. My matches come out harsh and sound like they were done in a tunnel. The Smoothing feature helps though.

My Tone Match was done with an older firmware (version 9 I believe). I have not been able to successfully Tone Match anything since that time. My matches come out harsh and sound like they were done in a tunnel. The Smoothing feature helps though.

Really? How weird... Is Fractal aware of this recent tone matching issue? I'd think they'd want to fix that immediately.

By the way, how does that same Mr Scary match sound to you in the current FW? Does it sound like what you heard before with FW 9?

Really? How weird... Is Fractal aware of this recent tone matching issue? I'd think they'd want to fix that immediately.

By the way, how does that same Mr Scary match sound to you in the current FW? Does it sound like what you heard before with FW 9?

I believe they are aware of it but they are a really busy group of folks so I think they are trying to do their best. I'm not sure they even know if it is a problem or if they would even know how to fix it.

The Mr Scary Tone Match definitely sounded better with FW 9. I actually tried to do another Tone Match last night of Mr. Scary and didn't turn out as well. Like I've mentioned before, I haven't had great results with the new firmware. I don't know what causes it exactly but I get a somewhat hollow, harsh sound. I noticed that the "smoothing" feature helps but not enough.

With Firmware 9 I got a nearly perfect, identical match of the tone I was hearing thru YouTube or another sound source. It was almost creepy how close it would be.

I believe they are aware of it but they are a really busy group of folks so I think they are trying to do their best. I'm not sure they even know if it is a problem or if they would even know how to fix it.

The Mr Scary Tone Match definitely sounded better with FW 9. I actually tried to do another Tone Match last night of Mr. Scary and didn't turn out as well. Like I've mentioned before, I haven't had great results with the new firmware. I don't know what causes it exactly but I get a somewhat hollow, harsh sound. I noticed that the "smoothing" feature helps but not enough.

With Firmware 9 I got a nearly perfect, identical match of the tone I was hearing thru YouTube or another sound source. It was almost creepy how close it would be.

Did you try the following changes on the patch?

Making V11 sound more like V9 firmware:
>
You can make V11 sound nearly identical to V9 with just a few adjustments:
1. Turn MIMIC to Off
2. Set Triode Hardness to 0.0
3. Increase Xfrmr Match to 1.2 or so
4. Use the cabs labeled (V9)
5. Set Power Supply Type to DC
>

Did you try the following changes on the patch?

Making V11 sound more like V9 firmware:
>
You can make V11 sound nearly identical to V9 with just a few adjustments:
1. Turn MIMIC to Off
2. Set Triode Hardness to 0.0
3. Increase Xfrmr Match to 1.2 or so
4. Use the cabs labeled (V9)
5. Set Power Supply Type to DC
>

Hey, how's it going? I'm glad you posted this because I did the first two on the list but forgot about the V9 cabs, Xfmr Match, and DC adjustments. I tried this out earlier and was getting a more usable Tone Match so I'm wondering if those adjustments are the reason Tone Match changed so significantly between Firmware 9 and 10.

So, making these changes makes a significant difference for the better? Especially for master volume/Marshally-type amps?

So, making these changes makes a significant difference for the better? Especially for master volume/Marshally-type amps?

I have not messed around with it much but I think it is going to be "one size fits all" so to speak. I think each amp/preset might benefit from having these settings off or on. Should be interesting. :)

Back
Top Bottom