AFIII George Lynch // Lynch Mob tone w/patch

Hey guys! :)
This is my take on George Lynch’s tones on Wicked Sensation, one of my favorite albums ever!
The guitar sound varies quite a lot throughout the album, I’ve done some research and I’m pretty sure the heart of it was his 1988 modded Soldano SLO-100, he also used Engls and his famous purple Marshall ’71 Super Lead. Cleans were recorded with a Roland JC-200 and a Fender Super Champ.

I’ve decided to make two different rhythm scenes, one based on the SLO-100 (brighter, stiffer power section - for ex. Wicked Sensation), and one based on his purple plexi using the Friedman BE (darker, more sag/spongier - for ex. All I want). For cleans I’ve chosen the Roland JC120 (the JC-200 is the head version of the JC-120), note that the clean patch was tweaked to work with coil-tapped pickups (I’m using the two inner coils in the video)
Keep in mind you’ll need Leon Todd's @2112 LT TV Mix2 IR for this!
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=631
Also, this patch is intended to be used with double tracked guitars, so it could sound overly bright when played in solo/mono. Adjust treble/presence to taste.

Enjoy! 🤘

Can this be converted to the FM3?

I was also wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if the patches will work with the FM3 or do they need to be edited?

Last edited:
I was also wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if the patches will work with the FM3 or do they need to be edited?

Actually, to answer my own question, after doing some research it looks like the patches will import without any significant issues. You might have to relocate a couple of blocks per patch but that should be quite easy.

From the Fractalaudio Wiki: "Presets for the III and FM3 are compatible. When importing presets from the III, FM3-Edit tries to convert the larger grid to the FM3’s smaller one. Blocks which aren't supported by the FM3, can't be imported. Blocks on the far right columns or lower rows of the Axe-Fx III are put into the first available spaces on the left of the FM3 layout grid and are disconnected. Block files can not be exchanged at the time of writing."

Just to update this post, the patch imported to the FM3 nicely. The one issue I encountered is due to the FM3 limitations on PEQ. The patch has 4 but the FM3 is only capable of 2 PEQs. Thus, I had to use a standard graphic EQ for 2 of the blocks that are PEQs on the original patch. The tone is slightly different and it seemed to have less gain, but adjusted the parameters to get as close to the original as I could (to my ears).

Last edited:
Actually, to answer my own question, after doing some research it looks like the patches will import without any significant issues. You might have to relocate a couple of blocks per patch but that should be quite easy.

From the Fractalaudio Wiki: "Presets for the III and FM3 are compatible. When importing presets from the III, FM3-Edit tries to convert the larger grid to the FM3’s smaller one. Blocks which aren't supported by the FM3, can't be imported. Blocks on the far right columns or lower rows of the Axe-Fx III are put into the first available spaces on the left of the FM3 layout grid and are disconnected. Block files can not be exchanged at the time of writing."

Just to update this post, the patch imported to the FM3 nicely. The one issue I encountered is due to the FM3 limitations on PEQ. The patch has 4 but the FM3 is only capable of 2 PEQs. Thus, I had to use a standard graphic EQ for 2 of the blocks that are PEQs on the original patch. The tone is slightly different and it seemed to have less gain, but adjusted the parameters to get as close to the original as I could (to my ears).
Hey, can you share the FM3 conversion? Thanks

Hey, can you share the FM3 conversion? Thanks
Sure!

Here are the patches I created for the FM3 from Rocco's original for the Axe FX III. Because the FM3 couldn't fit all of the blocks into FM3 Edit, I had to split the Clean (Scene 4) into it's own preset. This allowed me to add the necessary blocks (such as the Tremolo and Enhance blocks) for the clean preset.

Thus, the GL WickedSensation FM3 patch should only use Scenes 1-3 and the Clean patch should only use Scene 1.

In regard to the GL WickedSensation FM3 patch, Scene 1 Rhythm (SLO-100 amp) uses 4 PEQs. Like I mentioned previously, the FM3 only has 2. I tweaked both of them to match Rocco's original patch identically. However, I had to use Graphic EQs for the 3rd and 4th EQ blocks in this scene. I did what I could to match the original PEQ curves.

Also, be sure to use the proper cab, Leon Todd's @2112 LT TV Mix2 IR.

The Purple Plexi and Lead (Scenes 2 and 3) match identically to Rocco's original patch. I wish I had Rocco's fingers and talent to make it perfect. Thank you once again, Rocco for creating the original patch.

Attachments

• GL WickedSensation FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 62
  • GL WickedSensation Clean FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Thanks for the preset and info. I can't wait to input into the FM3.
I've been working in building a preset for Under Lock & Key and Kiss Of Death using the video footage I see here: https:
//equipboard.com/pros/george-lynch/cusack-screamer-fuzz-pedal

I finally got some time to play this week and I've just spent the past hour with this preset and all the others of @ProgressiveRocco that I could find in the forums and every one of these presets is RAWKZ!!! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing them. This GL preset is just mind boggling spot on!

I'm new to the Axe (and forum) and your patches are a huge help to a newb! Weird thing is, I know pretty well how to mic a cab the old fashioned way lol, been doing it for ages, but learning the Axe has been a little overwhelming - analyzing your patches (and others that also sound great) has been super helpful in the learning process! Thank you..this is another killer patch.

@la noise , thanks for sharing the patch....it is reallllllllly good on the FM3 ! Nails it ! I did turn on Ultra RES :)
Cheers

Awesome! I don't have 3.03 yet on mine so that's
great to know. :)

I was super stoked to go to rehearsal last night
and try out the patch with the whole band only
to find the drummer and singer both bailed on
us at the last minute. :(

Maybe next week!! :)

Ohh myyy ohhh myyy...

Ultra fan of George here!!!
Rocco can you post a picture of the signal chain?? i'm using a Fm3 and the fm3-edit seems to import the preset in a strange order , i'm trying to reorder it in my unit but i if you can give me the picture of all the signal will be very much appreciated ...thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom