AFIII George Lynch // Lynch Mob tone w/patch

Is...is this free?! I feel like I just downloaded the soundtrack of my twenties. Thank you very much!

A question though--Why four PEQs in series, with some of them changing ever so slightly between scenes, and some of them sort of boosting frequencies toned down in the previous PEQ block?

Is...is this free?! I feel like I just downloaded the soundtrack of my twenties. Thank you very much!

A question though--Why four PEQs in series, with some of them changing ever so slightly between scenes, and some of them sort of boosting frequencies toned down in the previous PEQ block?
The PEQ block has got just 5 bands, they weren't enough for all the eq moves I needed to make, this is why I've used all four! Most of the times when you boost a certain frequency you inherently end up boosting surrounding frequencies that can end up sounding offensive/unpleasant. If you look closely, even if it looks like they are the same, the frequencies I've selected in each block are slightly different

Best Lynch sound ever!! I really wish George would go back to that sound sometime. One of the best of all time. Thanks for sharing!!

Holy cow! How did I not see this until now!
Outstanding Rocco!

I just uploaded your preset and played that riff on my skull and bones replica guitar. It is dead on.
Well done sir! Cheers and thanks for the preset!

Last edited:
Just seeing this one. Dang dude, that is killer Rocco!

Q: Saw you were using 4 PEQ blocks to their full extent. Did you do some EQ matching and are using the blocks to give it 20 bands of adjustment?

Great work on this! And fantastic playing as always. That linear/sliding vibrato is such a cool move and you nailed it.

Holy cow! How did I not see this until now!
Outstanding Roco!

I just uploaded your preset and played that riff on my skull and bones replica guitar. It is dead on.
Well done sir! Cheers and thanks for the preset!
Thanks dude!!
Just seeing this one. Dang dude, that is killer Rocco!

Q: Saw you were using 4 PEQ blocks to their full extent. Did you do some EQ matching and are using the blocks to give it 20 bands of adjustment?

Great work on this! And fantastic playing as always. That linear/sliding vibrato is such a cool move and you nailed it.
Thank you! Yep that's exactly what I did, I've tried to get 90% there by ear first, I then used the EQ match feature in FabFilter ProQ3 and tried to match the eq curve on the AxeFx as close as possible!

Hey guys! :)
This is my take on George Lynch’s tones on Wicked Sensation, one of my favorite albums ever!

DDDUUUUUUUDDDDEE!!!! Your friggin NAILED it!!! Wicked Sensation is in my top 5 albums of all time so thanks to you and Leon for getting George's tone and gruuuuuuv down tight! Nice work! ;)

Hey guys! :)
This is my take on George Lynch’s tones on Wicked Sensation, one of my favorite albums ever!
The guitar sound varies quite a lot throughout the album, I’ve done some research and I’m pretty sure the heart of it was his 1988 modded Soldano SLO-100, he also used Engls and his famous purple Marshall ’71 Super Lead. Cleans were recorded with a Roland JC-200 and a Fender Super Champ.

I’ve decided to make two different rhythm scenes, one based on the SLO-100 (brighter, stiffer power section - for ex. Wicked Sensation), and one based on his purple plexi using the Friedman BE (darker, more sag/spongier - for ex. All I want). For cleans I’ve chosen the Roland JC120 (the JC-200 is the head version of the JC-120), note that the clean patch was tweaked to work with coil-tapped pickups (I’m using the two inner coils in the video)
Keep in mind you’ll need Leon Todd's @2112 LT TV Mix2 IR for this!
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=631
Also, this patch is intended to be used with double tracked guitars, so it could sound overly bright when played in solo/mono. Adjust treble/presence to taste.

Enjoy! 🤘

I love your videos man! I’ve been a YouTube subscriber of yours for years. Any idea how to make this preset work on the FM3?

I need help. Preset downloaded, LVTV IR added to CAB slot no 631 (not sure if that's correct) but no sound. I've had this issue before with a few other presets. It must be something I'm doing wrong....can someone help please

Back
Top Bottom